Page 1 of 1

Uplay/Ubisoft connections issues

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:22 pm
by aphasia
having problems connecting to Uplay (might & magic: heroes VI) since i changed my IP 2 days ago.

had a similar issue a while back and just re-downloaded the 'Uplay' client however i can't access any of the Ubisoft sites/domains (ubi.com, ubi.com.au etc) to grab the client.

now don't wanna debate the evils of ubisoft at this point (believe i've leant my lesson there..ie not touching another ubi game till their rubbish DRM is removed).

thought it might be related to FF extensions so i tried opening ubi in chrome & IE with same result.
also reset HOSTS file.

also checked
http://www.websitedown.info
and both 'ubi.com' & 'uplay.com' is up.

suggestions?

Re: Uplay/Ubisoft connections issues

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:11 pm
by Kaushalya
having problems connecting to Uplay (might & magic: heroes VI) since i changed my IP 2 days ago.

had a similar issue a while back and just re-downloaded the 'Uplay' client however i can't access any of the Ubisoft sites/domains (ubi.com, ubi.com.au etc) to grab the client.

now don't wanna debate the evils of ubisoft at this point (believe i've leant my lesson there..ie not touching another ubi game till their rubbish DRM is removed).

thought it might be related to FF extensions so i tried opening ubi in chrome & IE with same result.
also reset HOSTS file.

also checked
http://www.websitedown.info
and both 'ubi.com' & 'uplay.com' is up.
Please send us some traceroute results for the above web sites to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au so that we can have a look.

Re: Uplay/Ubisoft connections issues

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:59 pm
by Dazzled
Bledisloe was a draw!!! (waits to get breath back)

Kaushalya, I need a TCP traceroute to get to all the way to ubi.com.

Re: Uplay/Ubisoft connections issues

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:01 pm
by aphasia
not sure how that would help as browser is unable to resolve page.
did it anyway and no surprise got 'unable to resolve target...' message.

i did however use google's public DNS address 8.8.8.8 and now able to lookup both 'ubi.com', 'ubi.com.au' & 'uplay.com'.

now able to download client and login to play game.
perhaps exetel needs to update their DNS list.

for reference, i was using 220.233.0.3 & 220.233.0.4 as my primary/secondary (now have 8.8.8.8 as primary).

cheers.

Re: Uplay/Ubisoft connections issues

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:05 pm
by Dazzled
Nothing missing using 220.233.0.4---

;; ANSWER SECTION:
ubi.com. 3600 IN A 216.98.48.35

;; ANSWER SECTION:
uplay.com. 3600 IN A 216.98.48.40

On a Windows system you can use nslookup.exe to test the name server.

Re: Uplay/Ubisoft connections issues

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:21 pm
by Dazzled
There's the problem.
Use 220,233,0.4 as the primary.

No result from the secondary::
$ dig @220.233.0.3 ubi.com

; <<>> DiG 9.4.2-P2.1 <<>> @220.233.0.3 ubi.com
; (1 server found)
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 5900
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;ubi.com. IN A

Re: Uplay/Ubisoft connections issues

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:41 am
by aphasia
cheers brother, probably should have checked that myself.

thanks for the input.