No Internet - Exetel wholesale provider migration

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
johnn

Re: No Internet - Exetel wholesale provider migration

Post by johnn » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Thanks Udara for your prompt reply. I have sent you a PM
John N

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:41 am

johnn wrote:Thanks Udara for your prompt reply. I have sent you a PM
John N
Hi John,

I have not received your PM :( , could you try again , if not you could email me the service number to udharap@exetel.com.au .
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

Hop

Post by Hop » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:36 am

We have been having the same issues with an exetel wholesale migration.
No internet -> pppoe to pppoa -> drops outs -> slow internet speeds --> call exetel service -> slower internet than before

green

Post by green » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:52 am

Hop wrote:We have been having the same issues with an exetel wholesale migration.
No internet -> pppoe to pppoa -> drops outs -> slow internet speeds --> call exetel service -> slower internet than before
Yep, this has been going on every since the changeover. I have exactly the same issues you mention, plus I completely lose sync (flashing CD light) every night for anywhere between and 1-2 hours. Sync speeds are anywhere between 1000 and 3000 kbps (used to be 4500).

Even then the internet will slow to 10kbps even though the sync speed is as above. When this happens I need reboot the router to get it back to a decent speed.

Exetel have been looking into and apparently some change were made last night so I'll see how it goes over the weekend. I have also had AAPT at my house testing things and they have reported no issues but as soon as the technician left the sync speed dropped down again so I dunno what is going on.

Saliya Pinto
Exetel Staff

Post by Saliya Pinto » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:27 am

Hi Hop,

Your issue is already escalated with supplier, We will let you know once we receive an update from them.

Saliya Pinto
Exetel Staff

Post by Saliya Pinto » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:33 am

Hey Green,

It seems supplier has made some changes for your service, so please monitor your service and do reply back to the email, if the issue persist.

green

Post by green » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:36 pm

asankag wrote:Hi Andrew,

Our supplier has done some changes to the line. I have sent you an email with some additional information as well.

Regards
Asanka
Whatever they have done has made no difference. Was syncing at 2000kbps this morning, now I have a flashing CD light and no internet at all.

A reboot of the modem won't fix it, I just have to wait for it to start again which is usually between 1 and 2 hours.

I have been with Exetel for a long time but unlikely to be for much longer, this is frustrating beyond belief.

green

Post by green » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:04 pm

green wrote:
asankag wrote:Hi Andrew,

Our supplier has done some changes to the line. I have sent you an email with some additional information as well.

Regards
Asanka
Whatever they have done has made no difference. Was syncing at 2000kbps this morning, now I have a flashing CD light and no internet at all.

A reboot of the modem won't fix it, I just have to wait for it to start again which is usually between 1 and 2 hours.

I have been with Exetel for a long time but unlikely to be for much longer, this is frustrating beyond belief.
I still have a flashing CD light and obviously no internet conenction. Looks like it might be broken for good now, I'll log yet another call with Exetel.

kushanw
Exetel Staff

Post by kushanw » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi green,

I have replied to you via Ticket ID: 5865853. Please check the service now.

green

Post by green » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:40 pm

kushanw wrote:Hi green,

I have replied to you via Ticket ID: 5865853. Please check the service now.
No changes, still no carrier detected. Was working earlier this morning.

EroshanJ
Exetel Staff

Post by EroshanJ » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:39 pm

green wrote:
No changes, still no carrier detected. Was working earlier this morning.
As per the email, issue is currently under investigation and we will inform you as soon as we receive an update.