Moving house - no phone connection

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
nihonjin

Moving house - no phone connection

Post by nihonjin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi Im finally moving into my new house build in just over a week. I will be moving within the same exchange however it should be on a different rim that i connect to. I need to know the following:

If i stay with exetel (still not convinced but having been with exetel for over 7 years its hard to leave):

1) as its a new house build the phone line is connected at the house end but not at the pit end on the street. Can exetel organise this?
2) Can i just use the move connection in the user facilities and exetel will take care of everything ie roll over of emails, account, pioneer discount etc
3) It looks like when using the move connection i need to connect using a different plan. Do i start a new contract ie 12 months or am i able to remain off contract?
4) what sort of time frames are we looking at for this whole process. As mentioned im moving withing the same suburb but most likley onto a different rim. I am also moving from adsl1 to adsl2.

thanks for any answers. Im holding out that the exetel plans on telstra exchanges improve soon as i could move elsewhere cheaper with more downloads. I just dont want to risk moving though and getting poor speeds at least i know with exetel what i am getting.

NIrmitha
Exetel Staff

Re: Moving house - no phone connection

Post by NIrmitha » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:08 pm

Hi nihonjin,

An agent from the sales team will update you regarding your request :D

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:56 am

1. This will cost $299.00, and be based on all necessary ducting being available from the nearest pit.
2. That's correct, but the pioneer is done manually.
3. yes, you need to select a current plan and new contract.
4. With a new line install, it could take up to 2 weeks.

With the pioneer discount, i don't think there are any plans out there which are better value.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Thanks James.

I contacted telstra the other day to organise the phone connection. Their system however was having trouble assigning a technician to come out so they were unable to complete the transaction. They plan to have some guru who is back at work on Tues fix it for me and then expedite the process and hopefully have it connected by the end of the week.

Would i still be able to transfer everything if i go about it this way ie have telstra connect the line and then move my service via the user facilities or do you have to be the ones to organise the line connection? I assume that once my line is connected and my phone moved to my new house that it will cut off my adsl here at my rental. Im not sure what issues this will have if any with my accounts being transferred over.

thanks.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:19 am

Get Telstra to organize the line install, then just move it from your members area.

Venurukshi

Post by Venurukshi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:31 am

nihonjin wrote:Thanks James.

I contacted telstra the other day to organise the phone connection. Their system however was having trouble assigning a technician to come out so they were unable to complete the transaction. They plan to have some guru who is back at work on Tues fix it for me and then expedite the process and hopefully have it connected by the end of the week.

Would i still be able to transfer everything if i go about it this way ie have telstra connect the line and then move my service via the user facilities or do you have to be the ones to organise the line connection? I assume that once my line is connected and my phone moved to my new house that it will cut off my adsl here at my rental. Im not sure what issues this will have if any with my accounts being transferred over.

thanks.
Hi Nihonjin,

Once your new telephone line is fully active, you may place a relocation request through your user-facilities. I have sent an email to your nominated email address with more information with regards to this.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:02 pm

Thank you for your email. In your email you mentioned that I was under contract and therefore would be up for a early termination fee. Can you please check as i should not be under contract and therefore not incur any early termination fee.

thanks.

Venurukshi

Post by Venurukshi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:45 pm

nihonjin wrote:Thank you for your email. In your email you mentioned that I was under contract and therefore would be up for a early termination fee. Can you please check as i should not be under contract and therefore not incur any early termination fee.

thanks.
Hi,

There is no cancellation fee only the relocation fee is applicable. Please refer to my email.

Thanks
Venu