ADSL2+ Abysmal Peak Speeds

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
timeimp

ADSL2+ Abysmal Peak Speeds

Post by timeimp » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi everyone,

Currently, we have ADSL2+ and, for some odd reason, the past four weeks have been horrible with respect to download speed.

Specifically, from 0900-0930 until 0100 next day, the download speed drops (from Exetel's speed test) considerably from 19+Mbps to around 4Mbps.

We were shaped for the previous month, however this issue has continued into the new billing cycle (when all shaping/throttling should disappear).

I have already had a line test done and some issues were resolved (Reference #6124418); complaints@exetel have also been emailed as of today because downloading at <300KB/s is pathetic, considering the distance to the CORR exchange is <1KM and the sync speed is 19000+ Mbps.

If anyone could shed light on any supplier issues or similar, it would be really, REALLY appreciated.

-timeimp

lasithah
Exetel Staff

Re: ADSL2+ Abysmal Peak Speeds

Post by lasithah » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:48 pm

timeimp wrote:Hi everyone,

Currently, we have ADSL2+ and, for some odd reason, the past four weeks have been horrible with respect to download speed.

Specifically, from 0900-0930 until 0100 next day, the download speed drops (from Exetel's speed test) considerably from 19+Mbps to around 4Mbps.

We were shaped for the previous month, however this issue has continued into the new billing cycle (when all shaping/throttling should disappear).

I have already had a line test done and some issues were resolved (Reference #6124418); complaints@exetel have also been emailed as of today because downloading at <300KB/s is pathetic, considering the distance to the CORR exchange is <1KM and the sync speed is 19000+ Mbps.

If anyone could shed light on any supplier issues or similar, it would be really, REALLY appreciated.

-timeimp

Hi timeimp,

I've escalated the issue with our management and will update you as soon as we get a response

timeimp

Post by timeimp » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:43 pm

lasithah wrote:
Hi timeimp,

I've escalated the issue with our management and will update you as soon as we get a response
Hi lasithah,

Thanks for that! Look forward to hearing from you guys!

-timeimp

timeimp

Post by timeimp » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:23 am

Exetel - this issue is STILL happening with NO update, other than a 'we value you as a customer' phone call during the week.

Is there an issue at the moment whereby the affected Exchange is experiencing congestion OR is there something else.

It cannot be our line as this was just fixed and everything is, at 3 am in the morning, much faster now.

-timeimp

Amila Fernando
Exetel Staff

Post by Amila Fernando » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:04 pm

timeimp wrote:Exetel - this issue is STILL happening with NO update, other than a 'we value you as a customer' phone call during the week.

Is there an issue at the moment whereby the affected Exchange is experiencing congestion OR is there something else.

It cannot be our line as this was just fixed and everything is, at 3 am in the morning, much faster now.

-timeimp
Hi timeimp,

We will check it and get back to you as soon as possible. We do apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused to you.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

Amila Fernando
Exetel Staff

Post by Amila Fernando » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:07 am

timeimp wrote:Exetel - this issue is STILL happening with NO update, other than a 'we value you as a customer' phone call during the week.

-timeimp
Hi timeimp,

We have escalated your reported service issue with our supplier under reference 6250305. We will update you as soon as we get a response from supplier :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

shoner
Exetel Staff

Post by shoner » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:27 am

Amila Fernando wrote:

-timeimp
Hi timeimp,

We have escalated your reported service issue with our supplier under reference 6250305. We will update you as soon as we get a response from supplier :)
A text message with an update was sent to you.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

timeimp

Post by timeimp » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi Exetel,

This issue is occurring right now. Please check the timestamp of this message and verify that there are no congestion issues with the CORR exchange.

We don't another line test, as this has been shown not to be the issue.

Reference #6250305

nuranj

Post by nuranj » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:26 pm

timeimp wrote:Hi Exetel,

This issue is occurring right now. Please check the timestamp of this message and verify that there are no congestion issues with the CORR exchange.

We don't another line test, as this has been shown not to be the issue.

Reference #6250305
------
Please note that the Ref 6250305 was resolved by fixing an hardware issue in the line (a joint was Fixed). But if still the issue is not resolved, we will investigate the issue further by opening the case again.
By the way, the speed issue, does it happen only in a specific time period? At other times, the speed is fine?

timeimp

Post by timeimp » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:35 am

nuranj wrote: Please note that the Ref 6250305 was resolved by fixing an hardware issue in the line (a joint was Fixed).
But if still the issue is not resolved, we will investigate the issue further by opening the case again.

By the way, the speed issue, does it happen only in a specific time period? At other times, the speed is fine?
Hi Nuranj,

It appears to happen in the afternoon on most days.

Speeds will plummet to 2-3Mbps from around ~3pm-11:30pm (sometimes as early as 11am until as late as 1am next day), rendering this part of our day pretty useless (as our speeds are 'capped' at 400-500KB/s for 7+ devices) for even basic web browsing.

Then, suddenly, it will do 4...5...11...15...13...12...17...19MBps all in the space of 10 minutes!

The router has no timing for throttling of any description.

Speed issues of this nature have only started since around January this year, after we capped the capped our usage and were forced to the slow speeds.

I received an email from Exetel support this morning at 11:21...
As per to the forum post, we are currently waiting for an update from our supplier based on the network related check. We will update you as soon as we receive an update by them

Regards,
Kavinda S
If this IS congestion (since Jan 2013!?), please advise (although I don't think this to be the case).

Kind regards,
timeimp

(Side note: a joint issue? Would love to know what that means / the impact it has on ALL the things!)

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:46 pm

As per to the forum post, we are currently waiting for an update from our supplier based on the network related check. We will update you as soon as we receive an update by them

Regards,
Kavinda S
[/quote]

If this IS congestion (since Jan 2013!?), please advise (although I don't think this to be the case).

Kind regards,
timeimp

(Side note: a joint issue? Would love to know what that means / the impact it has on ALL the things!)[/quote]

As informed to you we are waiting for the feedback from the wholesale supplier through the reference 6250305. Until then we cant confirm to you what exactly causing in this. We will update on your given contact details.

timeimp

Post by timeimp » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi guys,

Just thought I would let you know that after 1pm this afternoon, the speeds dropped again.

Can't seem to break above the 'glass ceiling' of 300KB/s!

Just to confirm - the peak and off peak times are 02:00-14:00 and 14:00-02:00 respectively?
(This is what my Exetel Members Account says)

-timeimp

stevecJ
Exetel Staff

Post by stevecJ » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:01 am

timeimp wrote:Hi guys,

Just thought I would let you know that after 1pm this afternoon, the speeds dropped again.

Just to confirm - the peak and off peak times are 02:00-14:00 and 14:00-02:00 respectively?

-timeimp
Hi,

The speed issue is still being investigated by the supplier and we will provide you an update as soon as one available.

Also with regards to the Peak/Off Peak time frames, I will get it confirmed from the sales team and keep you posted.

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

remosha

Post by remosha » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:19 pm

timeimp wrote:Hi guys,

-timeimp
Could you please PM your service number so that I can check the Peak and Off Peak times for you.