Every time it rains.....

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
WeeWaa

Every time it rains.....

Post by WeeWaa » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:11 pm

I have no internet and I'm getting kind of annoyed. :(

I am a loyal Exetel customer of 7 - 8 years and have now logged 5 calls within the last few weeks (every time it rains) and still have no resolution to my problem. I understand that the problem is probably due to something wrong on the infrastructure that Exetel does not own nor operate but I'm still paying Exetel for a service that has not been usable for the last month. I am also sure that Exetel is passing the comments that I am making onto the supplier re the rain but surely there is an escalation path to management within the supplier to get someone to come when its raining to troubleshoot the fault and fix it!

Unfortunately I have been looking at moving to Telstra ADSL so I can talk to them directly as I feel that this will never get resolved if I dont. This is currently affecting my job because I am unable to work from home during the evening. Would love some management help guys for a loyal customer that has been around since the early days but wont be if I cannot get a resolution to this issue.

I think that the latest ticket number is 6159321

Thanks in advance.

James
Exetel Staff

Re: Every time it rains.....

Post by James » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Is your landline with us as well?

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:20 pm

WeeWaa wrote:I have no internet and I'm getting kind of annoyed. :(

I am a loyal Exetel customer of 7 - 8 years and have now logged 5 calls within the last few weeks (every time it rains) and still have no resolution to my problem. I understand that the problem is probably due to something wrong on the infrastructure that Exetel does not own nor operate but I'm still paying Exetel for a service that has not been usable for the last month. I am also sure that Exetel is passing the comments that I am making onto the supplier re the rain but surely there is an escalation path to management within the supplier to get someone to come when its raining to troubleshoot the fault and fix it!

Unfortunately I have been looking at moving to Telstra ADSL so I can talk to them directly as I feel that this will never get resolved if I dont. This is currently affecting my job because I am unable to work from home during the evening. Would love some management help guys for a loyal customer that has been around since the early days but wont be if I cannot get a resolution to this issue.

I think that the latest ticket number is 6159321

Thanks in advance.
I will arrange a Support engineer to contact you tomorrow morning to run the line test and re-escalate this to the supplier .
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

WeeWaa

Post by WeeWaa » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:03 am

James wrote:Is your landline with us as well?
Yes James, landline is also with Exetel. There is no dial tone on the phone now so cannot use that either.

Thanks

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:08 am

The latest Fault ticket ID is 6205867 and this is currently under investigations . :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

WeeWaa

Post by WeeWaa » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:33 am

I still have constant noise on my landline and little to no sync during most of the day for many weeks now. Believe its now 5 weeks and counting of this problem......

Ive tried to upload a WAV file of the phone dial tone but apparently WAV files are not allowed.

asankag
Exetel Staff

Post by asankag » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:15 am

Hi WeeWaa,

We have received an update on your case and the update was sent to your mobile. We'll provide your further updates once they are made available to us.
---
Regards,
Asanka | L2 - VoIP Engineer

WeeWaa

Post by WeeWaa » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:24 am

Sorry Exetel - I just received a text message saying that a technician will look at the service on the 12/3!!! Another 2 weeks before this even gets looked at.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! Exetel - I AM A LOYAL CUSTOMER of nearly 8 years! I was there in the early days, I have been recommending you as an ISP!!! I find this absolutely appalling. We have had 2 technicians out that have said they've "fixed" it....

I have kept calm for the last 5 weeks of unavailability but quite frankly - I am kind of over it now. Where is EXETEL's management!!!

anurangaf
Exetel Staff

Post by anurangaf » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:11 pm

WeeWaa wrote:Sorry Exetel - I just received a text message saying that a technician will look at the service on the 12/3!!! Another 2 weeks before this even gets looked at.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! Exetel - I AM A LOYAL CUSTOMER of nearly 8 years! I was there in the early days, I have been recommending you as an ISP!!! I find this absolutely appalling. We have had 2 technicians out that have said they've "fixed" it....

I have kept calm for the last 5 weeks of unavailability but quite frankly - I am kind of over it now. Where is EXETEL's management!!!
Hi WeeWaa,

Please note that as per your telephone conversation in the morning, this has been already escalated to the higher authorities of our wholesaler to check whether we could get any earlier time frames.

Once we receive any response we will get back to you.

WeeWaa

Post by WeeWaa » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Per telephone conversation on Sunday I was told I would receive contact from Exetel today.....8PM ......no contact yet.....

Is there an update?

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:53 pm

WeeWaa wrote:Per telephone conversation on Sunday I was told I would receive contact from Exetel today.....8PM ......no contact yet.....

Is there an update?
Hi,

One of our support engineers will shortly contact you with an update.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================