ADSL2 connection confusion

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Jekk

ADSL2 connection confusion

Post by Jekk » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:11 am

Hi,

I submitted an application a little over a week ago for a new phone and ADSL2+ connection with Exetel.
I received an email a couple days later saying my planned cut over date is: 11 March.

However, I just got an email with a status update, and according to your online application status (http://www.exetel.com.au/a_application_status.php) it says I am scheduled for connection on on 6 March.

Because I am currently not at the residence, would you be able to inform me whether a technician will be required? Also, what date will I have a working/active ADSL2+ connection so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks.
Regards, Jimmy

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: ADSL2 connection confusion

Post by Dazzled » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:31 am

Welcome to the forum, Jekk. If this is an existing phone line being transferred to Exetel (not a new physical line on the property), the reconnection work is done at the exchange, not your home. In this case, the line would go dead for a brief time, then shortly after both phone and internet would be working. You would then be able to configure your modem.

shoner

Post by shoner » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:44 am

Jekk wrote:Hi,

I submitted an application a little over a week ago for a new phone and ADSL2+ connection with Exetel.
I received an email a couple days later saying my planned cut over date is: 11 March.

However, I just got an email with a status update, and according to your online application status (http://www.exetel.com.au/a_application_status.php) it says I am scheduled for connection on on 6 March.

Because I am currently not at the residence, would you be able to inform me whether a technician will be required? Also, what date will I have a working/active ADSL2+ connection so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks.
Regards, Jimmy
Can you please Pm me your service details :?:
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

drewey10

Post by drewey10 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:49 pm

I want to move to one of the new plans on offer, I have been told by Exetel that my line may be suitable for ADSL2.
Don't I need to know for sure?

How can I finf this out, my home phone is already wiht Exetel.

Venurukshi
Exetel Staff

Post by Venurukshi » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:24 pm

drewey10 wrote:I want to move to one of the new plans on offer, I have been told by Exetel that my line may be suitable for ADSL2.
Don't I need to know for sure?

How can I finf this out, my home phone is already wiht Exetel.
Hi,

I have sent an email (to your nominated email address )with the results of the number based pre-service qualification check. Please have a look and get back to me if you have any further concerns.

Thanks
Venu