Recent dropouts in Kellyville NSW

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Post Reply
TheJMan
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:38 am
Location: Sydney Hills

Recent dropouts in Kellyville NSW

Post by TheJMan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Yes, I will report this as a fault if this continues, however I want to just put it out there to find out if anyone else has had a few dropouts lately

About 5 since 5pm today

a few more before that starting at about the 13th of this month

Every dropout is accompanied by my phone ringing with no callerid (private) and no-one at the other end so I assume it's a symptom not a cause.
I can ring my phone# and not have it drop out.

I'm on the East Kellyville sub-exchange

anurangaf
Exetel Staff
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Australia

Re: Recent dropouts in Kellyville NSW

Post by anurangaf » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:01 pm

TheJMan wrote:Yes, I will report this as a fault if this continues, however I want to just put it out there to find out if anyone else has had a few dropouts lately

About 5 since 5pm today

a few more before that starting at about the 13th of this month

Every dropout is accompanied by my phone ringing with no callerid (private) and no-one at the other end so I assume it's a symptom not a cause.
I can ring my phone# and not have it drop out.

I'm on the East Kellyville sub-exchange


Hi,

We could see few dropouts for today but with the line test results it's not reporting any errors on the line.

Please monitor the connection and if it's continuously happening please send us an email to 'residentialsupport@exetel.com.au'

TheJMan
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:38 am
Location: Sydney Hills

Re: Recent dropouts in Kellyville NSW

Post by TheJMan » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:58 pm

Will do

it's bizarre about the phone calls though ... but that could be the Fritz! box being a dick

TheJMan
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:38 am
Location: Sydney Hills

Re: Recent dropouts in Kellyville NSW

Post by TheJMan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:17 pm

OK so I reported a fault on Monday, over the phone, because over the weekend, after a couple of dropouts I plugged in a phone into the phone line and heard static, then, on Monday, I heard two people having a conversation! Crossed line?
Now I'm getting an SMS every day telling me the issue will be looked at BY the 10th of April. 2 WEEKS! What sort of SLA do Exetel have with Telstra?
I didn't start getting these SMS messages until after I re-reported the issue via the Exetel support website - but that could just be a coincidence

I have no way of checking the status of the fault I phoned in - it never appeared on my ADSL fault status report https://www.exetel.com.au/members/accou ... status.php or https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/history
If I go to https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/history, I can see the second ticket was closed referring to the phoned in ticket - but I have NO way to monitor that ONLINE

Also, after getting multiple dropouts per day, every 2 or 3 days, since the 11th of this month, I have had NO dropouts since reporting the fault 4 days ago
I'm concerned that by the time Telstra actually look at this the problem won't be apparent and therefore I will be charged $130 (even though there's NO CHANCE that any internal wiring here would have caused a crossed line). If this stability continues should I cancel the ticket?

udara
Exetel Staff
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:06 am

Re: Recent dropouts in Kellyville NSW

Post by udara » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:24 pm

TheJMan wrote:OK so I reported a fault on Monday, over the phone, because over the weekend, after a couple of dropouts I plugged in a phone into the phone line and heard static, then, on Monday, I heard two people having a conversation! Crossed line?
Now I'm getting an SMS every day telling me the issue will be looked at BY the 10th of April. 2 WEEKS! What sort of SLA do Exetel have with Telstra?
I didn't start getting these SMS messages until after I re-reported the issue via the Exetel support website - but that could just be a coincidence

I have no way of checking the status of the fault I phoned in - it never appeared on my ADSL fault status report https://www.exetel.com.au/members/accou ... status.php or https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/history
If I go to https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/history, I can see the second ticket was closed referring to the phoned in ticket - but I have NO way to monitor that ONLINE

Also, after getting multiple dropouts per day, every 2 or 3 days, since the 11th of this month, I have had NO dropouts since reporting the fault 4 days ago
I'm concerned that by the time Telstra actually look at this the problem won't be apparent and therefore I will be charged $130 (even though there's NO CHANCE that any internal wiring here would have caused a crossed line). If this stability continues should I cancel the ticket?

Although the service is stable are you still experiencing the static on the phone line ? if so we will need to continue with the technician commitment to get that sorted. :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

TheJMan
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:38 am
Location: Sydney Hills

Re: Recent dropouts in Kellyville NSW

Post by TheJMan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:19 pm

I only hear the static if I pick up the phone just after the internet drops out - same with the "crossed line" voices

I have not had a dropout since I reported this fault and the Exetel CSE 'tested' the line

Can I cancel the ticket online?

SajithaH
Exetel Staff
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: Recent dropouts in Kellyville NSW

Post by SajithaH » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:15 pm

TheJMan wrote:I only hear the static if I pick up the phone just after the internet drops out - same with the "crossed line" voices

I have not had a dropout since I reported this fault and the Exetel CSE 'tested' the line

Can I cancel the ticket online?

As per the discussion with you I have closed the fault ticket, please let us know if the issue is persisting.

Post Reply