Congestion

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
jaybee

Congestion

Post by jaybee » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:36 am

I believe my ADSL2 connection is suffering from congestion. It synchs over at 5300 which is appropriate for the distance to the exchange, giving 500k+ download speeds. This lasts all day until after 6pm when the synch is fine but the download speed drops below 200k every night and sometimes to 100k. The slowdown is less during holiday periods.

I am usually the only user of the connection. Only one phone and one modem/router connected. The problem exists without the phone and with both the old and the new modem/router I bought. The slow down has been progressively worsening for a year.

I used to have dropouts particularly during rain but this only rarely occurs now so the only problem is the nightly slow down.

I have put in a service ticket on this and the line tests as fine, but it seems that that a technician must come out to check the well-functioning infrastructure and then charge me $220.

Does Exetel have any means for identifying congestion at particular exchanges? Can this be verified before a technician is sent to examine the well-functioning infrastructure between me and the exchange?

Do I sound frustrated?

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: Congestion

Post by stevecJ » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:49 am

jaybee wrote:I believe my ADSL2 connection is suffering from congestion. It synchs over at 5300 which is appropriate for the distance to the exchange, giving 500k+ download speeds. This lasts all day until after 6pm when the synch is fine but the download speed drops below 200k every night and sometimes to 100k. The slowdown is less during holiday periods.

I am usually the only user of the connection. Only one phone and one modem/router connected. The problem exists without the phone and with both the old and the new modem/router I bought. The slow down has been progressively worsening for a year.

I used to have dropouts particularly during rain but this only rarely occurs now so the only problem is the nightly slow down.

I have put in a service ticket on this and the line tests as fine, but it seems that that a technician must come out to check the well-functioning infrastructure and then charge me $220.

Does Exetel have any means for identifying congestion at particular exchanges? Can this be verified before a technician is sent to examine the well-functioning infrastructure between me and the exchange?

Do I sound frustrated?
Hi,

After completing the basic troubleshooting, we can request the supplier to check for any network related issues prior sending a technician.

Could you please send me the ticket ID so I could check on this for you :?:
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

jaybee

Post by jaybee » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Sent ticket number

Cheers

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:19 pm

jaybee wrote:Sent ticket number

Cheers
Got the PM. We will further check on this and send you a reply soon.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================