Speed on ADSL2+

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
awtm

Speed on ADSL2+

Post by awtm » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:04 pm

Previously I have had speeds around 5.5Mbps on my ADSL2+ with Exetel. Nothing has changed except I have changed plans with Exetel. My connection has seemed slow of late so I just did some test and got - 913, 845, 994 & 982 kbps. I'm in the middle of my usage and haven't gone over to be shaped. Though last month I did go over (didn't know the peak/offpeak times had changed!!) so imagine I was shaped. Could I still be getting shaped even though it's a new month?

cheers

shoner
Exetel Staff

Re: Speed on ADSL2+

Post by shoner » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:35 pm

awtm wrote:Previously I have had speeds around 5.5Mbps on my ADSL2+ with Exetel. Nothing has changed except I have changed plans with Exetel. My connection has seemed slow of late so I just did some test and got - 913, 845, 994 & 982 kbps. I'm in the middle of my usage and haven't gone over to be shaped. Though last month I did go over (didn't know the peak/offpeak times had changed!!) so imagine I was shaped. Could I still be getting shaped even though it's a new month?

cheers
Your service is not shaped. There could be many reasons for slow speeds.
Have you logged a service issue with us :?: If not, please do so and our engineers would investigate
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal