Billion 7800NXL are my settings correct

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
rlsaj

Re: Billion 7800NXL are my settings correct

Post by rlsaj » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:21 pm

I will be available at the said time and date, for the third time now.

Nevertheless, you are misunderstanding my question. When there is a problem in the future, what is the quickest way for me to have this problem resolved?

I do not know if Exetel understands how frustrating this process has been. I have done everything that has been asked of me by Exetel - even organising my own technician an additional three times - yet I have to take time off work so a third Exetel-supplied technician can look at my premises.

Please don't send me any further "We apologise for this inconvenience" statements as it only adds to the frustration.

stevecJ
Exetel Staff

Post by stevecJ » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:32 pm

rlsaj wrote:I will be available at the said time and date, for the third time now.

Nevertheless, you are misunderstanding my question. When there is a problem in the future, what is the quickest way for me to have this problem resolved?
Hi,

Reporting an issue over the phone is the quickest way where it can be resolved, unless it's a supplier related issue. Where we have to get it escalated to the supplier and investigated by a field technician.

I've went through the reported service issue and it appears that for further investigations, our supplier had arranged an interference technician which is scheduled on 19/07 between 8.00am and 12.00pm.

We will keep you informed as soon as we receive any further updates from the supplier.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

rlsaj

Post by rlsaj » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Rather than you give me an update, let me give you one:

A Telstra technician came out today (16/07/13 at approximately 12:45pm) and acknowledged that he was looking at a line issue, he was then let in and now he's gone. Our line has been disconnecting every 10-20 minutes all afternoon.

I thought our line was through Optus?! And now our problem is worse!

I thought it just might be a technician for the whole complex but he stated that he was checking on our unit numbers line issue.

I fear things are looking worse.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:09 am

rlsaj wrote:Rather than you give me an update, let me give you one:

A Telstra technician came out today (16/07/13 at approximately 12:45pm) and acknowledged that he was looking at a line issue, he was then let in and now he's gone. Our line has been disconnecting every 10-20 minutes all afternoon.

I thought our line was through Optus?! And now our problem is worse!

I thought it just might be a technician for the whole complex but he stated that he was checking on our unit numbers line issue.

I fear things are looking worse.
Dear Sir,

Our whole sale supplier (Optus) confirmed the appointment scheduled will remain as it is. Since this is with the access provider they might send techs time to time as they owns the infrastructure. As you have been already informed, appointment (19/07 between 8.00am and 12.00pm) will remain and no changes until now.

Yes. Your line is connected through Optus dslam, however the infrastructure owns by Telstra.

rlsaj

Post by rlsaj » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:18 pm

Thanks KavindaS.

The technician who turned up unannounced yesterday required access to the building. It was a coincidence that we were available to let him in. My concern is that if the technician could not gain access to the MDF yesterday, would we have been billed a fee as the technician was not able to gain access to the building?

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:31 pm

rlsaj wrote:Thanks KavindaS.

The technician who turned up unannounced yesterday required access to the building. It was a coincidence that we were available to let him in. My concern is that if the technician could not gain access to the MDF yesterday, would we have been billed a fee as the technician was not able to gain access to the building?
No, there will be no such charge for you in that case. Reason is they have not informed us or you prior to the tech visit. Therefore until now we have to make sure that you will be in attendance and MDF access available for the above mentioned scheduled appointment.

rlsaj

Post by rlsaj » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:40 pm

We will be available.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:54 pm

rlsaj wrote:We will be available.
Thank you and we will update you accordingly.

rlsaj

Post by rlsaj » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:04 pm

After the Telstra technicians left yesterday my connection has been pretty steady and the speed has been resumed. The technician's informed us that the issue was external to the apartment complex (between phone exchange at apartment complex MDF).

Can I please receive an update on when I will be receiving a refund on the original "$220 Incorrect Call Out" that I paid?

nuranj

Post by nuranj » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:20 pm

rlsaj wrote:After the Telstra technicians left yesterday my connection has been pretty steady and the speed has been resumed. The technician's informed us that the issue was external to the apartment complex (between phone exchange at apartment complex MDF).

Can I please receive an update on when I will be receiving a refund on the original "$220 Incorrect Call Out" that I paid?
--
Please note that we will further investigate this with the wholesale supplier for a reason and update you via an email.

rlsaj

Post by rlsaj » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Thank you I look forward to the update and reimbursement.

nuranj

Post by nuranj » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:14 pm

rlsaj wrote:Thank you I look forward to the update and reimbursement.
Note that by now, a representative from billing has already spoken to you regarding this issue and a confirmation of the refund has been emailed to you as well. :)

rlsaj

Post by rlsaj » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:49 pm

Thank you for the response.

It took one month, three afternoons off work (absorbing my own annual leave time), plus $220 of my own money (paid to Exetel) plus ~$200 for a new modem, plus 3 x electrician call outs to get here.

It's clearly not an acceptable customer experience that I had to jump through so many hoops to prove that the fault was that of the wholesaler. I've know lost annual leave time, I've bought a new modem as I was told that the issue was my own equipment. I now have some respite knowing that the $220 will be returned.

The whole reason I mirrored the email discussion with this forum thread was to use as a reference for next time...which I hope there is not.

This has been a frustrating experience Exetel.