Connection Dropout

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
SteveT

Connection Dropout

Post by SteveT » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Hi Exetel

Since our plan change some months ago, our internet service is constantly dropping out many times per day. Thinking it might have been the old modem, I have just recently purchased a new modem and apart from some improvement in speed, the line dropouts continue. I have read the relevant announcements, performed an isolation test, connected the modem with its supplied cable direct into the wall, and still no improvement. Prior to the plan change, dropouts were occurring, but only a few times per week. Since the plan upgrade, it is rapidly becoming annoying. Is there anything you can do from your end?

Cheers

Steve

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Re: Connection Dropout

Post by KavindaS » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:39 pm

SteveT wrote:Hi Exetel

Since our plan change some months ago, our internet service is constantly dropping out many times per day. Thinking it might have been the old modem, I have just recently purchased a new modem and apart from some improvement in speed, the line dropouts continue. I have read the relevant announcements, performed an isolation test, connected the modem with its supplied cable direct into the wall, and still no improvement. Prior to the plan change, dropouts were occurring, but only a few times per week. Since the plan upgrade, it is rapidly becoming annoying. Is there anything you can do from your end?

Cheers

Steve
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Exetel Forum :) . Kindly PM me your ADSL service number so I will look in to this and update you.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:41 pm

PM received and I have assigned one of the engineers to look in to this. We will update you via an email on your nominated email address.

SteveT

Post by SteveT » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:23 pm

This is an update to let everyone know what happened with the previously reported drop-outs that we had been experiencing.

The staff at Exetel performed a line test and it tested OK. This therefore prompted me to be more critical in our search for the problem device before we committed to a technical support person to visit the property, leading me to disconnect an outside extension ringer. This appears to have fixed the problem, having no dropouts since.

I must thank the Tech Staff at Exetel. They are exceedingly helpful and offer prompt responses. I feel sure that I would be still hanging onto the end of a phone had we been with any other ISP.

Cheers to you all !

Steve

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:39 pm

Thanks for the feedback and the reminder about those old-style bells. They can suck out the higher frequencies, and they are best removed. A cordless handset is a better solution.