Slow ADSL2 (Wollongong)

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
AITCS

Slow ADSL2 (Wollongong)

Post by AITCS » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:35 pm

Is anyone experiencing slow speeds in Wollongong this evening?

I've been getting around 600-100kb/sec most of the weekend, but from this afternoon I've only been able to get ~200kb/sec.
I can literally see the exchange at the end of my street about 900 metres away, so I can't understand why I'd be getting these speeds from mirror.exetel.com.au
When I first joined Exetel, I was able to get 1.8MB/sec, but over the last 4 years, it's been slowly getting worse.
I can get 1MB/sec on a good day, and am less than 1km from the exchange. This doesn't really line up with expected speed compared to distance.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Slow ADSL2 (Wollongong)

Post by Dazzled » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:17 pm

Mine's a bit off at the moment, but I expect it will be normal by morning. If you have a downloader, try getting http://www.exetel.com.au/speed/dsl/adsl ... speeds.php and note the rate.

It wouldn't hurt to check your modem line status also, in case there's been some line degradation over the period.

AITCS

Post by AITCS » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:50 pm

As long as I'm not the only one... hopefully it will be better in the morning as you say.

Best I could get from the bandwidth test was 2.39 Mbps, which is basically on par with my previous test from mirror.exetel.com.au

lasithah
Exetel Staff

Post by lasithah » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:52 pm

AITCS wrote:Is anyone experiencing slow speeds in Wollongong this evening?

I've been getting around 600-100kb/sec most of the weekend, but from this afternoon I've only been able to get ~200kb/sec.
I can literally see the exchange at the end of my street about 900 metres away, so I can't understand why I'd be getting these speeds from mirror.exetel.com.au
When I first joined Exetel, I was able to get 1.8MB/sec, but over the last 4 years, it's been slowly getting worse.
I can get 1MB/sec on a good day, and am less than 1km from the exchange. This doesn't really line up with expected speed compared to distance.

Hi AITCS,

I will email you via the Ticket ID: 7486534 and reply back with the details if the issue persist.

:)

zy503

Post by zy503 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:10 am

AITCS wrote:As long as I'm not the only one... hopefully it will be better in the morning as you say.

Best I could get from the bandwidth test was 2.39 Mbps, which is basically on par with my previous test from mirror.exetel.com.au
Yes, you are not the only one. I am living in eastwood. my service is ADSL 2+. The maximum download speed is 600KBs, The average download speed is only 300KBS, I am crazy about it. Sometimes the connection is lost several time per day. Specially from 5:00p.m. to 11:00p.m. I can not use the internet anyway.

surinf
Exetel Staff

Post by surinf » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:21 am

zy503 wrote:
Yes, you are not the only one. I am living in eastwood. my service is ADSL 2+. The maximum download speed is 600KBs, The average download speed is only 300KBS, I am crazy about it. Sometimes the connection is lost several time per day. Specially from 5:00p.m. to 11:00p.m. I can not use the internet anyway.
Hi zy503,

I have sent you an email via the Ticket ID 7462234. Please reply back for further investigations.

Cheers