Page 1 of 1

Slow ADSL2 (Wollongong)

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:35 pm
by AITCS
Is anyone experiencing slow speeds in Wollongong this evening?

I've been getting around 600-100kb/sec most of the weekend, but from this afternoon I've only been able to get ~200kb/sec.
I can literally see the exchange at the end of my street about 900 metres away, so I can't understand why I'd be getting these speeds from mirror.exetel.com.au
When I first joined Exetel, I was able to get 1.8MB/sec, but over the last 4 years, it's been slowly getting worse.
I can get 1MB/sec on a good day, and am less than 1km from the exchange. This doesn't really line up with expected speed compared to distance.

Re: Slow ADSL2 (Wollongong)

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:17 pm
by Dazzled
Mine's a bit off at the moment, but I expect it will be normal by morning. If you have a downloader, try getting http://www.exetel.com.au/speed/dsl/adsl ... speeds.php and note the rate.

It wouldn't hurt to check your modem line status also, in case there's been some line degradation over the period.

Re: Slow ADSL2 (Wollongong)

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:50 pm
by AITCS
As long as I'm not the only one... hopefully it will be better in the morning as you say.

Best I could get from the bandwidth test was 2.39 Mbps, which is basically on par with my previous test from mirror.exetel.com.au

Re: Slow ADSL2 (Wollongong)

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:52 pm
by lasithah
AITCS wrote:Is anyone experiencing slow speeds in Wollongong this evening?

I've been getting around 600-100kb/sec most of the weekend, but from this afternoon I've only been able to get ~200kb/sec.
I can literally see the exchange at the end of my street about 900 metres away, so I can't understand why I'd be getting these speeds from mirror.exetel.com.au
When I first joined Exetel, I was able to get 1.8MB/sec, but over the last 4 years, it's been slowly getting worse.
I can get 1MB/sec on a good day, and am less than 1km from the exchange. This doesn't really line up with expected speed compared to distance.

Hi AITCS,

I will email you via the Ticket ID: 7486534 and reply back with the details if the issue persist.

:)

Re: Slow ADSL2 (Wollongong)

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:10 am
by zy503
AITCS wrote:As long as I'm not the only one... hopefully it will be better in the morning as you say.

Best I could get from the bandwidth test was 2.39 Mbps, which is basically on par with my previous test from mirror.exetel.com.au
Yes, you are not the only one. I am living in eastwood. my service is ADSL 2+. The maximum download speed is 600KBs, The average download speed is only 300KBS, I am crazy about it. Sometimes the connection is lost several time per day. Specially from 5:00p.m. to 11:00p.m. I can not use the internet anyway.

Re: Slow ADSL2 (Wollongong)

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:21 am
by surinf
zy503 wrote:
Yes, you are not the only one. I am living in eastwood. my service is ADSL 2+. The maximum download speed is 600KBs, The average download speed is only 300KBS, I am crazy about it. Sometimes the connection is lost several time per day. Specially from 5:00p.m. to 11:00p.m. I can not use the internet anyway.
Hi zy503,

I have sent you an email via the Ticket ID 7462234. Please reply back for further investigations.

Cheers