suddenly regular slow download speed after 4pm

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Dormat

suddenly regular slow download speed after 4pm

Post by Dormat » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:46 pm

for years i used to get 12Mbps plus download speed anytime of the day..
now suddenly 2 and half weeks a go, just after 4pm every day it drops to 2.5Mbps and sometimes down to 300kbps till after 11pm where is slowly increases again.
it's feels like someone has put on the hand-break or turned down the throttle.
i can't see that it could be caused buy a bunch of new users suddenly joining up and useing the internet at the same time at the same time of the day everyday...
this slow speed makes being on-line almost a waste of time if it was not the only time i can use it..

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: suddenly regular slow download speed after 4pm

Post by KavindaS » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Dormat wrote:for years i used to get 12Mbps plus download speed anytime of the day..
now suddenly 2 and half weeks a go, just after 4pm every day it drops to 2.5Mbps and sometimes down to 300kbps till after 11pm where is slowly increases again.
it's feels like someone has put on the hand-break or turned down the throttle.
i can't see that it could be caused buy a bunch of new users suddenly joining up and useing the internet at the same time at the same time of the day everyday...
this slow speed makes being on-line almost a waste of time if it was not the only time i can use it..
Hi Dormat,

One of the support engineers will log a service issue with the supplier to check for any identified network related issues. we will update you on your given contact email as soon as we receive an update. Your reference number 7782513.

TheJMan

Post by TheJMan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:16 pm

Been getting the same for a few weeks now

But I'm in the Hills district of Sydney (I believe the OP is on central coast)

Telstra were supposed to investigate this by the 4th of April ... Haven't heard from the. But I was going to give them a week

I'm collecting stats at 5 minute intervals and it clearly shows a definite pattern of slowdowns
MRTG shows no abnormal spikes in usage over the period of slowdowns
In fact I was way for 3 days and the slowdowns continued

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:51 pm

TheJMan wrote:Been getting the same for a few weeks now

But I'm in the Hills district of Sydney (I believe the OP is on central coast)

Telstra were supposed to investigate this by the 4th of April ... Haven't heard from the. But I was going to give them a week

I'm collecting stats at 5 minute intervals and it clearly shows a definite pattern of slowdowns
MRTG shows no abnormal spikes in usage over the period of slowdowns
In fact I was way for 3 days and the slowdowns continued
Once done send your stats including the service number to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au for further investigation.

ScottH2155

Post by ScottH2155 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:24 am

@TheJMan - you on the Kellyville (East piece of crap exchange) by chance?