I am going back to dial-up

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Post Reply
megb6806
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:57 am
Location: Perth

I am going back to dial-up

Post by megb6806 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:33 pm

My speed is getting close to dial up.....
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (52.09 KiB) Viewed 33969 times

SajithaH
Exetel Staff
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: I am going back to dial-up

Post by SajithaH » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:30 am

megb6806 wrote:My speed is getting close to dial up.....
I have sent you an email with troubleshooting, please reply to that with the information we have requested. Ticket ID: 7794803

WeeWaa
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 7:21 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: I am going back to dial-up

Post by WeeWaa » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:46 pm

My speeds are dreadful as well, thinking that dial up from the current graphs doubles my speeds!!
Speed Test JPG.jpg
Speed Test JPG.jpg (39.76 KiB) Viewed 33428 times

angelos
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1068
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:22 pm
Location: Australia

Re: I am going back to dial-up

Post by angelos » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:37 pm

My speeds are dreadful as well, thinking that dial up from the current graphs doubles my speeds!!
I have checked the stats on your line and they seem to be within specifications. How many computers do you usually connect to the network and how are they connected? (ethernet or wireless)

We may have to however perform more troubleshooting in this case before coming into any conclusions.

WeeWaa
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 7:21 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: I am going back to dial-up

Post by WeeWaa » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:21 pm

Thanks for the reply angelos, I usually have 2 computers connected. These computers are usually via wireless, however I've tried them via ethernet to the router. The router itself is a Cisco 877, but the biggest difference I've seen over the last month or two is the fact that if there is any download happening any browsing is basically unusable. My sync speed has not changed much around 7MB as I live a fair way from the exchange but normally I've been able to download at 500 - 700KB/sec and still been able to browse web normally. The problem is that now, at the most I will get 130KB/sec and the internet is not usable until that download is completed. This is getting particularly frustrating :)

sho dsl interface atm0
ATM0
Alcatel 20190 chipset information
ATU-R (DS) ATU-C (US)
Modem Status: Showtime (DMTDSL_SHOWTIME)
DSL Mode: ITU G.992.5 (ADSL2+) Annex A
ITU STD NUM: 0x03 0x2
Chip Vendor ID: 'STMI' 'GSPN'
Chip Vendor Specific: 0x0000 0x0010
Chip Vendor Country: 0x0F 0xFF
Modem Vendor ID: 'CSCO' 'GSPN'
Modem Vendor Specific: 0x0000 0x1000
Modem Vendor Country: 0xB5 0xFF
Serial Number Near: FHK141478H 887W-GN- 15.1
Serial Number Far: Chip ID: C196 (3) capability-enabled
DFE BOM: DFE3.0 Annex A (1)
Capacity Used: 99% 86%
Noise Margin: 16.0 dB 16.5 dB
Output Power: 20.0 dBm 12.5 dBm
Attenuation: 40.5 dB 21.0 dB
FEC ES Errors: 2290 0
ES Errors: 19 1
SES Errors: 1 0
LOSES Errors: 1 0
UES Errors: 0 49
Defect Status: None None
Last Fail Code: None
Watchdog Counter: 0x19
Watchdog Resets: 0
Selftest Result: 0x00
Subfunction: 0x00
Interrupts: 1582490 (0 spurious)
PHY Access Err: 0
Activations: 17
LED Status: ON
LED On Time: 100
LED Off Time: 100
Init FW: init_AMR-5.0.007.bin
Operation FW: AMR-E-0.0.026.bin
FW Source: external
FW Version: 0.0.26

DS Channel1 DS Channel0 US Channel1 US Channel0
Speed (kbps): 0 7037 0 821
DS User cells: 0 19381012
US User & Idle cells: 0 168254508
Reed-Solomon EC: 0 10623 0 0
CRC Errors: 0 23 0 2
Header Errors: 0 24 0 0
Total BER: 0E-0 33280E-0
Leakage Average BER: 0E-0 33280E-0
ATU-R (DS) ATU-C (US)
Bitswap: enabled enabled

LOM Monitoring : Disabled


DMT Bits Per Bin

Not able to get complete DMT bin information.Retry "show dsl" after few seconds.

DSL: Training log buffer capability is not enabled

angelos
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1068
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:22 pm
Location: Australia

Re: I am going back to dial-up

Post by angelos » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:22 pm

WeeWaa wrote:Thanks for the reply angelos, I usually have 2 computers connected. These computers are usually via wireless, however I've tried them via ethernet to the router. The router itself is a Cisco 877, but the biggest difference I've seen over the last month or two is the fact that if there is any download happening any browsing is basically unusable. My sync speed has not changed much around 7MB as I live a fair way from the exchange but normally I've been able to download at 500 - 700KB/sec and still been able to browse web normally. The problem is that now, at the most I will get 130KB/sec and the internet is not usable until that download is completed. This is getting particularly frustrating :)
I have forwarded an email to your nominated email address with some tests that we would require from you to investigate this matter further.

Please respond to it.

Post Reply