No ADSL Routing Since Early Sunday Morning

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
RandomState

No ADSL Routing Since Early Sunday Morning

Post by RandomState » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:27 am

I am in the Baulkham Hills area and was gaming on Saturday night, just after midnight as we rolled into Sunday morning I lost connection with the internet. I didn't worry too much about and went to bed.

The following morning at 5am I was still unable get data through to the internet. My modem (newly purchased last week after what seemed to be connection problems with the old one) is connecting and logging on to the Exetel service, however no data was flowing. After running a number of diagnostics on the line and the routing I determined I was able to ping the Exetel router I was connected to but not reach any thing else on the Internet including the Exetel DNS servers 220.233.0.3 and .4. and gave up around 7am.

I went out during Sunday day and when I returned in the afternoon discovered that the connection was unchanged and contacted Exetel phone support. The chap on the end of the line reset my IP address and brought me fro 115.x.x.x to 220.x.x.x (the same subnet) and for about 20 glorious seconds I was able to bring up Google but after hanging up discovered this had been a fluke. Continuous ping testing revealed that I was droping about 95% of my packets with only the occasional one getting through.

I can ping the Exetel DNS servers from my work account (which is where I'm writing this from) but cannot do so from my modem connection at home. I presume there is some problem with the routing hardware. Can this be investigated?

kushanw
Exetel Staff

Re: No ADSL Routing Since Early Sunday Morning

Post by kushanw » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:46 am

Hi RandomState,

Can you PM me your service number so I can have a look?

kushanw
Exetel Staff

Post by kushanw » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi RandomState,

I have sent you an email via the Ticket #8016114. Please have a look and let us know if there's any further assistance required.

RandomState

Post by RandomState » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:31 pm

After initially recovering and successfully using the connection over the past few weeks the same problem has returned. I am connected, logged on but ping tests indicate I am droping about 80% of my packets. This has been the case all through Friday and Saturday. Can this be investigated?

Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Post by Kaushalya » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:54 pm

but ping tests indicate I am droping about 80% of my packets
Please email us some continuous ping test results to investigate with our supplier. Instructions sent to you through an email.

You may use the same case reference # 8016114.