Sylvania NSW, Slow Speed ADSL2

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
zebra3

Sylvania NSW, Slow Speed ADSL2

Post by zebra3 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:46 am

Anyone experiencing slow ADSl speeds in the Sylvania NSW area.

On and off for about a week, modem syncs at around 10Mb/Sec, and is reliable (not dropping out).

Many Site timeouts, including access to the Exetel Member area and this forum. Oz Speed Test only shows < 80Kb/sec throughput to Exetel servers. Speed is on par with a dialout loading some sites, if they respond at all.

Power reset modem, syncs still ok, done line isolation and connected directly to modem bypassing any other network switches.

Almost unusable in the state, A usually very stable VPN now drops every few minutes - if I can actually make a connection that is.

Long latency traceroutes come and go with no consistency and even when low, the same web site, ie: http://www.exetel.com.au takes 30 seconds to load or may even timeout.

Peter
Has the 'Big Zee' finally flipped?

LodumS
Exetel Staff

Re: Sylvania NSW, Slow Speed ADSL2

Post by LodumS » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:25 am

zebra3 wrote:Anyone experiencing slow ADSl speeds in the Sylvania NSW area.

On and off for about a week, modem syncs at around 10Mb/Sec, and is reliable (not dropping out).

Many Site timeouts, including access to the Exetel Member area and this forum. Oz Speed Test only shows < 80Kb/sec throughput to Exetel servers. Speed is on par with a dialout loading some sites, if they respond at all.

Power reset modem, syncs still ok, done line isolation and connected directly to modem bypassing any other network switches.

Almost unusable in the state, A usually very stable VPN now drops every few minutes - if I can actually make a connection that is.

Long latency traceroutes come and go with no consistency and even when low, the same web site, ie: http://www.exetel.com.au takes 30 seconds to load or may even timeout.

Peter
Hi zebra3,

I have sent you an email to your nominated email address. Please go through the email and complete the troubleshooting . Send us the results once you complete the troubleshooting to investigate your issue further.

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:26 pm

Hello

I am wondering if you are getting my emails from the last week. I haven't heard from Tech Support after supplying details that they requested. I have left multiple followup requests for update. Are you receiving the emails ?

Case #8033356, 50%+ packet loss - low speed, unreliable and almost unusable ADSL

Regards
Has the 'Big Zee' finally flipped?

LodumS
Exetel Staff

Post by LodumS » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi zebra3,

Apologies for the late response, Your issue has been escalated to our wholesaler and we will provide you an update within the next 24 hours.
You may refer to your ticket number #8033356.