Unacceptable speeds during peak periods.

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Cohzee

Unacceptable speeds during peak periods.

Post by Cohzee » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Hello,

I have been monitoring my speeds for a very long time now. When I originally signed up with Exetel, years ago, I received a steady 12+Mbps. These days, I will be lucky to get 10Mbps in the morning and then once it is late afternoon, my speeds drop to unacceptable levels of around 1Mbps. This means that I can barely browse let alone download anything in the evening.

My coworker is on the same exchange as I am, but farther away and on Telstra hardware, and has no speed drops ever. I am literally a few hundred metres from the exchange and on an Optus port. I am fed up with not being able to use my connection on weekends and evenings.

As of 1:30PM today:

Your current bandwidth reading is:

2.55 Mbps

which means you can download at 326.76 KB/sec. from our servers.

Code: Select all

Hlin Scale 	        14964 	   0
Loop Attenuation(dB) 	14.4   	7.6
Signal Attenuation(dB) 	14.4  	8.1
SNR Margin(dB) 	        12.4 	        18.8
Attainable Rate(Kbps) 	16432 	1032
Output Power(dBm) 	        15.0        	9.4

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Unacceptable speeds during peak periods.

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Cohzee wrote:Hello,

I have been monitoring my speeds for a very long time now. When I originally signed up with Exetel, years ago, I received a steady 12+Mbps. These days, I will be lucky to get 10Mbps in the morning and then once it is late afternoon, my speeds drop to unacceptable levels of around 1Mbps. This means that I can barely browse let alone download anything in the evening.

My coworker is on the same exchange as I am, but farther away and on Telstra hardware, and has no speed drops ever. I am literally a few hundred metres from the exchange and on an Optus port. I am fed up with not being able to use my connection on weekends and evenings.

As of 1:30PM today:

Your current bandwidth reading is:

2.55 Mbps

which means you can download at 326.76 KB/sec. from our servers.

Code: Select all

Hlin Scale 	        14964 	   0
Loop Attenuation(dB) 	14.4   	7.6
Signal Attenuation(dB) 	14.4  	8.1
SNR Margin(dB) 	        12.4 	        18.8
Attainable Rate(Kbps) 	16432 	1032
Output Power(dBm) 	        15.0        	9.4

Hi Cohzee,

Welcome to the Exetel forums :) . I refer to you service issue reported. ticket has been created under your service. We will send you a detail email to your nominated email address as we need troubleshooting to be completed prior escalating to the supplier. Your reference no is 8104972.

Cohzee

Post by Cohzee » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:24 pm

Thanks KavindaS.

AITCS

Post by AITCS » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:55 pm

This happens to me every week day... excellent speeds until ~4pm, then unbearably slow until midnight, where speeds to back to normal.
Feels like network congestion, as nothing else about the network at my end changes.

kushanw
Exetel Staff

Post by kushanw » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi AITCS,

I have sent you an email via the ticket ID: 8116407. Please get back to us with your responses for further investigations.

Cohzee

Post by Cohzee » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Hello again,

What happens now? I sent the test results as requested on Friday but haven't heard anything since.

Thanks.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:02 pm

Cohzee wrote:Hello again,

What happens now? I sent the test results as requested on Friday but haven't heard anything since.

Thanks.
Test results has been received and issue is currently under investigation. We will update you via the same email thread.