Service number incorrect for address.

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
dallas.g

Service number incorrect for address.

Post by dallas.g » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:40 pm

So I am looking to leave exetel for another ISP in the near future, but when I do a check with the other ISP the service number under in member facilities does not match my physical/postal address, neither is the phone number I use to make calls associated with the address, can someone please find my actual service number, or why the service number in the member facilities is not associated with my address.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: Service number incorrect for address.

Post by angelos » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:57 am

dallas.g wrote:So I am looking to leave exetel for another ISP in the near future, but when I do a check with the other ISP the service number under in member facilities does not match my physical/postal address, neither is the phone number I use to make calls associated with the address, can someone please find my actual service number, or why the service number in the member facilities is not associated with my address.
I have checked your Phone number and it appears to be different. I will PM the phone number to you so please check if it is correct.

dallas.g

Post by dallas.g » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:56 pm

Ok I spoke to the other ISP today, they told me that my service number is is not connected to my billing address, so someone screwed up royally, they are telling me I will need to pay $299 for a new number, even though I have this one, which apparently isn't actually mine, I know the address my service number is attached to and I have never lived there, I don't know anyone who lives there, this is really pissing me off, who screwed up so bad that I basically don't exist in telstra's or any other ISP's eyes, how does someone get it so wrong, I mean really this it totally fubar, someone better fix this for me, SOON!.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:26 pm

dallas.g wrote:Ok I spoke to the other ISP today, they told me that my service number is is not connected to my billing address, so someone screwed up royally, they are telling me I will need to pay $299 for a new number, even though I have this one, which apparently isn't actually mine, I know the address my service number is attached to and I have never lived there, I don't know anyone who lives there, this is really pissing me off, who screwed up so bad that I basically don't exist in telstra's or any other ISP's eyes, how does someone get it so wrong, I mean really this it totally fubar, someone better fix this for me, SOON!.
I have opened a ticket (Reference #8200875) and sent an email to your nominated email address. Could you please respond to the ticket accordingly and we will be able to get this looked into.

dallas.g

Post by dallas.g » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:35 pm

I have replied to you email outlining my predicament.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:00 pm

dallas.g wrote:I have replied to you email outlining my predicament.
We have received your response and another reply was sent to it. Could you please read it and advise accordingly because it does not appear to be wrong on both our end and our Suppliers end.

JJDisco

Post by JJDisco » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:31 pm

I also have the same issue. I live in Ashfield NSW and the phone number is connected to Rockdale exchange.

Can this also be looked at.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:45 am

JJDisco wrote:I also have the same issue. I live in Ashfield NSW and the phone number is connected to Rockdale exchange.

Could you please PM the service number? Also please let me know what exactly the problem is..

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:53 pm

angelos wrote:
JJDisco wrote:I also have the same issue. I live in Ashfield NSW and the phone number is connected to Rockdale exchange.

Could you please PM the service number? Also please let me know what exactly the problem is..
PM received. Basically your ADSL is running through a separate service number and your phone number is different to the ADSL service number.

There may be a few reasons for this.. It could have been a number change at some point or a naked ADSL request made in the past. However the phone number is different to the landline number.

The ADSL service number has remained the same to avoid disconnection/disruption of the ADSL service itself. Your phone and ADSL service would be running off the same exchange as it would not be possible to run the ADSL from one exchange and the PSTN from another. Your service is connected to the Ashfield exchange.

JJDisco

Post by JJDisco » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:33 pm

So if I am to change ISP's which is the number that I provide? The service number or the actual phone number? That is also part of the confusion for me.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:17 pm

JJDisco wrote:So if I am to change ISP's which is the number that I provide? The service number or the actual phone number? That is also part of the confusion for me.
You should provide the actual telephone number..

nucari

Post by nucari » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:38 pm

And I'm another one who has this same problem. When I use an online internet service availability checker by entering my phone number, the result gives a completely wrong exchange.

Why does this keep happening to everyone?

Can this be fixed for me please?

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:55 pm

When I use an online internet service availability checker by entering my phone number, the result gives a completely wrong exchange.
Could be the database of particular website has not been updated correctly. If you could PM me the service number, we can advise you with the correct exchange details.

nucari

Post by nucari » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:48 pm

ShaminG wrote:
When I use an online internet service availability checker by entering my phone number, the result gives a completely wrong exchange.
Could be the database of particular website has not been updated correctly. If you could PM me the service number, we can advise you with the correct exchange details.
Hi Shamin, I just tried sending you a PM. Did you get it?

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:24 pm

nucari wrote:Hi Shamin, I just tried sending you a PM. Did you get it?
I replied you with correct Exchange details :)