Is transferring to NBN a break of contract?

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
whygee

Is transferring to NBN a break of contract?

Post by whygee » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:29 pm

Hi, I have been on a higher cost bundled ASDL2 plan (ADSL2-R-20) for some time, and paying for additional data on a regular basis. I would like to change to a new bundled plan including more data, but there are 2 issues to resolve.
1. Because the higher usage plan is actually cheaper than the one I have been paying for several years, there seems to be a major increase in the change of plan fee to $59.99, which seems very steep. Normally I'd expect no cost or minimal cost for a higher use plan.
2. I am in an area which is currently close to being NBN ready. I know this will take longer than promised, but it is possible that I may want to change to a NBN plan within 6 months. Would that be considered a break of contract with the stated fees for that?

So, for at least 6 months, or since the new plans have been available, I have been paying extra for lesser usage, but looks as if I may be forced to stay that way because cost structures are weighted against me. Does being a longer term loyal customer count for anything?

Bellag

Re: Is transferring to NBN a break of contract?

Post by Bellag » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:24 pm

We appreciate your loyalty and we hope you have enjoyed your service and competitive pricing Exetel has offered year on year. :)

We have worked tirelessly with the wholesale suppliers to ensure that the best possible plans and pricing are passed on to our existing customers.As these new lower price plans are so very competitively priced along with valuable benefits of ANYTIME downloads, FREE uploads, short 12 MONTH contract and competitive phone call rates, we are only able to offer access to them at a one off plan change cost of $59.99.

Kindly note, when Fibre services become available to your location while your still within contract for your ADSL service, you will be charged with the early termination fee (on a pro rata basis). This is because the two services, ADSL and Fibre are provided via two different whole sale providers. Your ADSL service is via Telstra and the fibre service will be via NBN.

Hope the above is clear, if you require further clarifications, please do let us know.