lower than usual sync / downstream and disconnections

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
carl82

lower than usual sync / downstream and disconnections

Post by carl82 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:22 pm

hi there,
over the past few days the speed of the internet has dropped dramatically and this was after a storm (only thing i can find to be a reason after diagnosing) i also have experienced approx 1 or 2 disconnections a day that i have noticed.

i have performed isolation tests, cable tests etc to no avail, and generally get around 800 - 1900 Kbps for downstream (see below for full router output)

generally, i receive approx 4400 - 4900 Kbps sync rates, given my distance to exchange and telstra cable quality (low)

a ticket was raised with this and i was told 'to call the pstn service provider' ticket# 8555236 when in the past this was raised on my behalf, why has this changed?

i am on the verge of calling telstra to check the lines but of course welcome suggestions and inputs from others please and an answer as to why this isnt raised on customer behalf anymore.

modem details as of 20:19 :: 29-11-2014
Cisco SRP 527W
Firmware Version: 1.01.29 (002) Mar 29 2013

================

DSL Status: Showtime
DSL Modulation Mode: ADSL2+
Downstream Rate: 1989 Kbps
Upstream Rate: 884 Kbps
Downstream Noise Margin: 12.6db
Upstream Noise Margin: 6.0db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 53.5
Upstream Line Attenuation: 32.8
Downstream Transmit Power: 16.0
Upstream Transmit Power: 12.3
================

thanks
Carl

EroshanJ

Re: lower than usual sync / downstream and disconnections

Post by EroshanJ » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:41 pm

a ticket was raised with this and i was told 'to call the pstn service provider' ticket# 8555236 when in the past this was raised on my behalf, why has this changed?
I have replied to your email :D

If your phone line is affected, you have to contact the phone provider as your phone service is not with Exetel.