Slow Ping: World of Tanks Blitz

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Tamar

Slow Ping: World of Tanks Blitz

Post by Tamar » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago ping went from a stable 190ms for World of Tanks Blitz on iPhone/iPad, up to 600ms, or worse making the game difficult to play.

I have ruled out issues with the game server, as I can play the game fine using a personal hotspot from my Telstra 4G prepaid iPhone.

Speedtest.net to the Exetel servers shows my ping at a healthy 20-25ms. There appear to be no other issues with the internet service other than a red light next to "Internet" on the D-Link DSL-2544N Modem/Router, which is configured automatically.

The DSLtest from the modem maintenance pages shows fails for some items. Although these are causing the red light on the modem, Google suggests they are not relevant and may have been disabled by Exetel.
TEST THE CONNECTION TO YOUR DSL SERVICE PROVIDER
Test ADSL Synchronization PASS
Test ATM OAM F5 Segment Loopback PASS
Test ATM OAM F5 End-to-end Loopback PASS
Test ATM OAM F4 Segment Loopback FAIL
Test ATM OAM F4 End-to-end Loopback FAIL
TEST THE CONNECTION TO YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER
Ping Default Gateway PASS
Ping Primary Domain Name Server PASS
I can also ping wotblitz.asia from my Exetel service and get a stable ping of 190ms, but the in-game ping display shows 600ms or worse. Possibly actual gameplay uses a different server but I don't know it's URL to try pinging it.

Is there anything else that could be contributing to the slow pings for WoT Blitz when using Exetel? Thanks.

saadbafik
Exetel Staff

Re: Slow Ping: World of Tanks Blitz

Post by saadbafik » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Hi,

Kindly note that if pings are bad for your gaming server and good for exetel servers, as a service provider unfortunately nothing can be done from our end as the issue appears to be outside exetel network which we have no control over.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Saad Bafik