NSW Wollongong - PPPoE dropping semi regular this last week

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
shakows
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:11 pm

Re: NSW Wollongong - PPPoE dropping semi regular this last w

Post by shakows » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:12 pm

Another drop out tonight at 2127

lasithah
Exetel Staff
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:42 pm
Location: Australia

Re: NSW Wollongong - PPPoE dropping semi regular this last w

Post by lasithah » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:46 pm

shakows wrote:Another drop out tonight at 2127
Hi shakows,

If the service is randomly dropping out we will have to go ahead with the standard troubleshooting and get it escalated. Your ref #8905812 Contact the support line so that we can go ahead with it.

shakows
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:11 pm

Re: NSW Wollongong - PPPoE dropping semi regular this last w

Post by shakows » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:08 am

Sure, if you think that will help

Please ensure that no stability profile is applied
I have a 32 day DSL uptime

michaeld
Exetel Staff
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:09 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: NSW Wollongong - PPPoE dropping semi regular this last w

Post by michaeld » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:06 am

shakows wrote:
Please ensure that no stability profile is applied
Hi
We won't be adding a stability profile to your service. Contact the support line so that we can go ahead with a standard troubleshooting.

machine
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:57 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: NSW Wollongong - PPPoE dropping semi regular this last w

Post by machine » Thu May 14, 2015 6:02 pm

Service dropped off about 5.50pm 14 May 2015

ADSL light is on, unable to authenticate.

Factory Reset modem, did standalone test, still unable to authenticate on Wollongong exchange.

Dial tone on phone is fine, can make calls.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff
Posts: 960
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: NSW Wollongong - PPPoE dropping semi regular this last w

Post by ShaminG » Thu May 14, 2015 6:43 pm

machine wrote:Service dropped off about 5.50pm 14 May 2015

ADSL light is on, unable to authenticate.

Factory Reset modem, did standalone test, still unable to authenticate on Wollongong exchange.

Dial tone on phone is fine, can make calls.
As per our wholesale supplier no outages in the area. Line test is also passing the exchange. I did a port reset, please try leaving the modem off for next 15 minutes and let us know if the issue persists.

machine
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:57 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: NSW Wollongong - PPPoE dropping semi regular this last w

Post by machine » Thu May 14, 2015 7:11 pm

Thanks,

7.00pm May 15 2015 Authentication now working, I'm back on line

machine
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:57 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: NSW Wollongong - PPPoE dropping semi regular this last w

Post by machine » Tue May 26, 2015 10:22 am

ADSL light is on, unable to authenticate 9.40am 25/05/2015

Factory Reset modem, did standalone test, still unable to authenticate on Wollongong exchange.

Dial tone on phone is fine, can make/take calls.

angelos
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1068
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:22 pm
Location: Australia

Re: NSW Wollongong - PPPoE dropping semi regular this last w

Post by angelos » Tue May 26, 2015 10:52 am

machine wrote:ADSL light is on, unable to authenticate 9.40am 25/05/2015

Factory Reset modem, did standalone test, still unable to authenticate on Wollongong exchange.

Dial tone on phone is fine, can make/take calls.
I have checked the service and it seems to be in sync but not authenticating as you said.

There are no reported outages so this could be isolated to you.

Have you checked if you receive calls on your landline?

If not please try dialing 1800652456 and check if this reads you your landline number back to you?

machine
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:57 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: NSW Wollongong - PPPoE dropping semi regular this last w

Post by machine » Tue May 26, 2015 11:07 am

Hi,

10.58am 26/05/2015 now able to authenticate.

Phone service, make and receive calls was working fine when authentication was failing

Thanks

angelos
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1068
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:22 pm
Location: Australia

Re: NSW Wollongong - PPPoE dropping semi regular this last w

Post by angelos » Tue May 26, 2015 11:11 am

machine wrote:Hi,

10.58am 26/05/2015 now able to authenticate.

Phone service, make and receive calls was working fine when authentication was failing

Thanks
Yes, we can see you online now. Probably was a short unplanned outage.

RogW
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: Fernhill

Re: NSW Wollongong - PPPoE dropping semi regular this last w

Post by RogW » Sun May 31, 2015 2:02 pm

And the slow speeds continue.

exetel speed test:-
Last Result:
Download Speed: 2437 kbps (304.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 544 kbps (68 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 36 ms
Jitter: 3 ms
31/05/2015, 13:26:50

speedtest.net test:-
Down 2.43mbps
Up 0.52mbps

I had a ticket logged and the response was "this is acceptable speeds etc etc, do these tests etc etc". From there my last response seems to have gone ignored.

I have seen severe degradation in the quality of my connection over the past few months. The inability to connect to certain sites during peak hours, constant dropouts, loss of sync and slow speeds is beyond a joke. If I am only receiving 1/4th of the service I used to get can I only pay 1/4 of the bill ?

aroshak
Exetel Staff
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:24 pm
Location: Australia

Re: NSW Wollongong - PPPoE dropping semi regular this last w

Post by aroshak » Sun May 31, 2015 5:39 pm

RogW wrote:And the slow speeds continue.

exetel speed test:-
Last Result:
Download Speed: 2437 kbps (304.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 544 kbps (68 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 36 ms
Jitter: 3 ms
31/05/2015, 13:26:50

speedtest.net test:-
Down 2.43mbps
Up 0.52mbps

I had a ticket logged and the response was "this is acceptable speeds etc etc, do these tests etc etc". From there my last response seems to have gone ignored.

I have seen severe degradation in the quality of my connection over the past few months. The inability to connect to certain sites during peak hours, constant dropouts, loss of sync and slow speeds is beyond a joke. If I am only receiving 1/4th of the service I used to get can I only pay 1/4 of the bill ?

Hi RogW,

Please note that on our email ticket (Ref: 9087549) we are still waiting for your response. We have received your last response to that on 14/05/15 (Thu, 14 May 2015 23:44:28) and our last response was on 16/05/15 (Fri, 15 May 2015 18:21:38) and the case is still pending for your test results. Looking for ward to receive the requested results.

Cheers
Arosha K

machine
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:57 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: NSW Wollongong - PPPoE dropping semi regular this last w

Post by machine » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:50 pm

6.40pm 1/09/2015

ADSL light is on, unable to authenticate 6.40 pm 1/09/2015

Factory Reset modem, did standalone test, still unable to authenticate.

I'm on the Wollongong exchange.

Dial tone on phone is fine, can make/take calls.

machine
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:57 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: NSW Wollongong - PPPoE dropping semi regular this last w

Post by machine » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:46 pm

Service returned 7.46 pm 1/15/2015

Post Reply