NSW outage

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Re: NSW outage

Post by Kaushalya » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:17 pm

u9026a wrote:Not sure if this issue has been resolved? Since the unplanned outage which affected the whole of NSW on 28th/29th Jan 2015 I have been experiencing several mini-outages every day or so. They might only last a few seconds or a minute or so, but the error message is the same as for the original problem (no DNS).
This should not be related to an outage now.. I have made some changes to the service profile to make it stable.

Please restart the modem and monitor.

u9026a

Post by u9026a » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:51 pm

Kaushalya wrote:
I have made some changes to the service profile to make it stable.

Please restart the modem and monitor.
The dropouts are now more frequent and appear to be happening from around 4PM onwards. Yesterday from about 5PM it was particularly unstable. Today has been ok all day, the first drop out was just now at 3.45PM. Let's see how tonight goes.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:07 pm

u9026a wrote:The dropouts are now more frequent and appear to be happening from around 4PM onwards. Yesterday from about 5PM it was particularly unstable. Today has been ok all day, the first drop out was just now at 3.45PM. Let's see how tonight goes.
As per dropout pattern this is not related with the dropouts discussed in the initial outage. Could be the line interference. If dropouts continues, I suggest we go with standard dropout troubleshooting.