Page 1 of 3

NSW outage

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:56 am
by gstark
We're in Bondi, NSW.

Lost our connection about 9:30 last night. Have power cycled our modem several times but still have no connection.

viewtopic.php?f=296&t=41700 seems to be relevant but the suggested resolution, as noted above, is not working.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Re: NSW outage

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:19 am
by aroshak
gstark wrote:We're in Bondi, NSW.

Lost our connection about 9:30 last night. Have power cycled our modem several times but still have no connection.

viewtopic.php?f=296&t=41700 seems to be relevant but the suggested resolution, as noted above, is not working.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Dear gstark,

Thanks for the update. Our Engineers are currently working on the issue for a fix. The updates on this will be posted on the same forum which you have mentioned. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Cheers

Re: NSW outage

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:53 am
by gstark
Thanks for the update. Appreciate your help.

Re: NSW outage

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:14 pm
by jliu321
My internet in Ingleburn NSW restored yesterday afternoon but the downstream connection speed drop to 4000kbps. I alwasy have 11880kps before. I tried to cycle the modem but it not help. Is something changed in the exetel ?

Re: NSW outage

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:18 pm
by nvinen
I'm in Randwick NSW and having a similar problem. No internet all morning, was working last night. Modem says incorrect user name or password but I haven't changed either. Would appreciate an ETA for resolution.

Re: NSW outage

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:04 pm
by nvinen
Oops, forgot to mention: the DSL connection itself seems fine and I tried rebooting the modem several times but it didn't help. Still getting "Incorrect Username or Password" errors constantly.

Re: NSW outage

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:34 pm
by timeimp
Can confirm issue is present for my connection as well. CORRIMAL Exchange.

Re: NSW outage

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:14 pm
by aroshak
Hi All,

This is an issue we are currently experiencing in all over NSW. We appreciate your feed back on this and really sorry about the inconvenience caused. You can keep your self updated on this matter by following our forum post.

viewtopic.php?f=296&t=41700

Cheers

Re: NSW outage

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:33 pm
by gstark
Still lifeless in Bondi.

Re: NSW outage

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:13 pm
by gstark
Ok, we're back in Bondi.

Re: NSW outage

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:15 am
by angelos
jliu321 wrote:My internet in Ingleburn NSW restored yesterday afternoon but the downstream connection speed drop to 4000kbps. I alwasy have 11880kps before. I tried to cycle the modem but it not help. Is something changed in the exetel ?
Just checked your line sync and it seems to be fine, syncing at 13046 kbps.

Re: NSW outage

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:15 am
by jliu321
I called support on Saturday. Got answer after waiting one hour. The supporter adjusted my syncing to 13046 kbp(Thank you). But Sunday back to 5k. This morning when I started moden after shut down whole night it still syncing at 6097.

Re: NSW outage

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:12 pm
by jliu321
today the speed getting worse. My Downstream Line rate could be at 9169 but download speed only 102KB/s which is 1/10 of before. Terrible!!

Re: NSW outage

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:59 pm
by angelos
jliu321 wrote:today the speed getting worse. My Downstream Line rate could be at 9169 but download speed only 102KB/s which is 1/10 of before. Terrible!!
This requires separate investigation and as such an email will be sent to you on your nominated email address with the required information.

Please respond to this email.

Re: NSW outage

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:45 pm
by machine
Down in Figtree(Wollongong) AGAIN as at 9.30pm Monday 02/02/2014 Authentication failure