RIDICULOUSLY Slow Internet - St Leonards

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
awal7607

RIDICULOUSLY Slow Internet - St Leonards

Post by awal7607 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:21 am

This is with reference to ticket number 8871025

Ridiculously slow download speeds on ADSL2+ service, especially in the last 2 weeks. Can someone look into this urgently for me please???

Also interested in hearing from others users on the St Leonards Exchange.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: RIDICULOUSLY Slow Internet - St Leonards

Post by angelos » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:16 pm

awal7607 wrote:This is with reference to ticket number 8871025

Ridiculously slow download speeds on ADSL2+ service, especially in the last 2 weeks. Can someone look into this urgently for me please???

Also interested in hearing from others users on the St Leonards Exchange.
I have checked the line and could not see any direct issues on the line. I have replied to the ticket you have sent so please provide the requested results so we could determine what the problem may be.

awal7607

Post by awal7607 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:32 pm

shakows

Post by shakows » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:27 pm

What is your modem syncing at?

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:17 pm

awal7607 wrote:Image
Looking at the line sync rate, this seems acceptable.

awal7607

Post by awal7607 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:12 am

ShaminG wrote:
Looking at the line sync rate, this seems acceptable.
if my net speed is acceptable then it's an absolute joke, and I won't be hanging around for too much longer... I'm basically on dial up speed.

anyway I plugged a phone in and there is no dial tone at all. When I try and make a call there is a lot of static / noise. So I can only assume there is an issue with the phone line somewhere along the way?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:24 am

awal7607 wrote:anyway I plugged a phone in and there is no dial tone at all. When I try and make a call there is a lot of static / noise.
I have replied to your email with how we could proceed. You will have to reply to that email so we could proceed to get this investigated further.

awal7607

Post by awal7607 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 am

So it appears that my phone line has been fixed, as the White noise has gone and I can now make calls.

However I now don't have any internet at all. I have tried 2 different modem routers / phone lines / socket locations and it appears that I can't connect to Exetel itself. I have triple checked my username/password was correct.

Can someone please check this urgently for me? My partner relies on broadband for work so it is imperative it is working ASAP.

saadbafik
Exetel Staff

Post by saadbafik » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:22 pm

awal7607 wrote:So it appears that my phone line has been fixed, as the White noise has gone and I can now make calls.

However I now don't have any internet at all. I have tried 2 different modem routers / phone lines / socket locations and it appears that I can't connect to Exetel itself. I have triple checked my username/password was correct.

Can someone please check this urgently for me? My partner relies on broadband for work so it is imperative it is working ASAP.

I have replied to your email with how we could proceed. You will have to reply to that email so we could proceed to get this investigated further.

awal7607

Post by awal7607 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:08 pm

I would to escalate my issue please. I am far from happy with the feedback to date and mixed messages I am now receiving.

The previous email I received stated “Kindly note that our wholesale supplier haven't done any changes” however, this goes against the feedback I received earlier after I initially raised an investigation into the problem. The text message I emailed stated that in fact that my service had been restored and changes had obviously been made.

So yes, my telephone line is now working, however my ADSL is not, so cancel whatever you need to & please organise for whatever technician you need to send out.

I am also sick & tired of receiving the same copy & paste message about the infrastructure issue being MY problem since I am the one requesting it to be investigated. The simple fact of the matter is I am paying for a broadband service from Exetel which I am currently not receiving. From my end, I have not made any changes recently, whether it is to the infrastructure or the hardware, and it is now not working at all!

So to answer the question, no, I won’t be agreeing to the same copy and paste term agreement about the ‘possible’ issue you keep raising, because the fact is there is an issue, and it has not been caused by me. To be frank, it’s would be cheaper just to cancel my contract and churn my broadband over to someone else than for you to possibly come along and say that the fact I can’t login to YOUR service is MY problem and going to cost me money.

Having requested further investigations on the 13th March 2015, the earliest I was told that it could be investigated was 24th March 2015. 11 days is the earliest a technician can be sent out??? Frankly this is totally unacceptable; regardless if it is a wholesale supplier problem or not.

My partner relies on the broadband connection for her work, and this problem is causing her great disruption, not to mention the financial implications to source alternative access at the moment.

So is it possible that having recently (and I'm starting to think stupidly) signed up to a new contract, that my username & password have changed? This seems like the obvious place to start. As far as I can tell this seems to be where the problem is as I cannot login to the modem/router. I have tried 2 modem/routers (one which was initially ordered through Exetel) and neither of them work. I have emailed you my username & password for verification.

Also, am I connected on adsl2+ or adsl 1? There is no info that I can find that tells me about my connection, and I find the lack of transparency disappointing.

Finally, why is my plan costing me $49.99 a month when you’re advertising the same plan on your website for $39.99? Again, I find this disappointing that a no poiint there has been any communication or explanation for this being the case.

I await your urgent response.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:18 pm

awal7607 wrote:I would to escalate my issue please. I am far from happy with the feedback to date and mixed messages I am now receiving.

The previous email I received stated “Kindly note that our wholesale supplier haven't done any changes” however, this goes against the feedback I received earlier after I initially raised an investigation into the problem. The text message I emailed stated that in fact that my service had been restored and changes had obviously been made.

So yes, my telephone line is now working, however my ADSL is not, so cancel whatever you need to & please organise for whatever technician you need to send out.

I am also sick & tired of receiving the same copy & paste message about the infrastructure issue being MY problem since I am the one requesting it to be investigated. The simple fact of the matter is I am paying for a broadband service from Exetel which I am currently not receiving. From my end, I have not made any changes recently, whether it is to the infrastructure or the hardware, and it is now not working at all!

So to answer the question, no, I won’t be agreeing to the same copy and paste term agreement about the ‘possible’ issue you keep raising, because the fact is there is an issue, and it has not been caused by me. To be frank, it’s would be cheaper just to cancel my contract and churn my broadband over to someone else than for you to possibly come along and say that the fact I can’t login to YOUR service is MY problem and going to cost me money.

Having requested further investigations on the 13th March 2015, the earliest I was told that it could be investigated was 24th March 2015. 11 days is the earliest a technician can be sent out??? Frankly this is totally unacceptable; regardless if it is a wholesale supplier problem or not.

My partner relies on the broadband connection for her work, and this problem is causing her great disruption, not to mention the financial implications to source alternative access at the moment.

So is it possible that having recently (and I'm starting to think stupidly) signed up to a new contract, that my username & password have changed? This seems like the obvious place to start. As far as I can tell this seems to be where the problem is as I cannot login to the modem/router. I have tried 2 modem/routers (one which was initially ordered through Exetel) and neither of them work. I have emailed you my username & password for verification.
The modem does not appear to be in sync with the exchange. If you have performed basic troubleshooting and it still persists then we will have to escalate the matter to our Supplier for further investigations.

I have replied to the email with a more elaborate response with what needs to happen.
awal7607 wrote:Also, am I connected on adsl2+ or adsl 1? There is no info that I can find that tells me about my connection, and I find the lack of transparency disappointing.
You are connected to an ADSL2 port but speeds would depend on the distance from the exchange.
awal7607 wrote:Finally, why is my plan costing me $49.99 a month when you’re advertising the same plan on your website for $39.99? Again, I find this disappointing that a no poiint there has been any communication or explanation for this being the case.
Our Sales team will advise you further in this regard.
Last edited by angelos on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

natashaf
Exetel Staff

Post by natashaf » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:44 pm

Hi Adam,

I hope that we have clarified the issue you had as per the conversation you had. If you have any further issues please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Natasha F

awal7607

Post by awal7607 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:49 pm

Thankyou very much for your prompt responses Angelo & Natasha

awal7607

Post by awal7607 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:41 pm

can someone please reply to my email containing the troubleshooting info requested.
thanks

stevecJ
Exetel Staff

Post by stevecJ » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:22 pm

awal7607 wrote:can someone please reply to my email containing the troubleshooting info requested.
thanks
Hi,

I have already arranged a support engineer to look in to this and send you a reply soon.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================