UDP Throttling?

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
xrbob

UDP Throttling?

Post by xrbob » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:03 pm

So is this actually happening or not?

Evidence suggests it is.

Am I ever going to hear back about ticket #8962591 or are you hoping I'll go away?
It's only been 6 days since I last heard anything. Guess it's convenient I've been too busy this week to really see if anything has changed. I assume nothing though, since I've got no emails saying it's been rectified/located/resolved/not-found/forgotten.

Time to shop around for a new provider?

LindaB

Re: UDP Throttling?

Post by LindaB » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:38 am

I think they are throttling at certain times of the day. Mine drops dramatically from about 5pm to midnight each day on UDP, I thought it was just me until I read the Whirlpool forum & found others with Exetel having the same issue. I am still under contract but once it is up I will be considering another ISP that does not do it.

devindag
Exetel Staff

Post by devindag » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:31 am

xrbob wrote:So is this actually happening or not?

Evidence suggests it is.

Am I ever going to hear back about ticket #8962591 or are you hoping I'll go away?
It's only been 6 days since I last heard anything. Guess it's convenient I've been too busy this week to really see if anything has changed. I assume nothing though, since I've got no emails saying it's been rectified/located/resolved/not-found/forgotten.

Time to shop around for a new provider?
We are currently following up the matter with our Networks team as advised by our last email to you. (ref:8962591) We will keep you updated as and when further information is available.

xrbob

Post by xrbob » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:04 am

Still nothing.

I got an email after this thread basically saying what you have and nothing since.

Since I provided IPs of the two main services I use it would appear they're now accessible but what's changed? Am I going to be updated? Have you added an exclusion to your UDP blocking rules?

I can't connect to anyone on GTA5 now, so I guess I have to do your job and track down the server IP for them next.

What discount is going to be applied to my account, since the service is neutered?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:10 pm

As advised on viewtopic.php?f=284&t=41943, please PM your service number so we could take a closer look at this

xrbob

Post by xrbob » Thu May 07, 2015 9:18 pm

And it's happening again.

:roll:

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri May 08, 2015 12:03 am

xrbob wrote:And it's happening again.

:roll:
Has it been fixed during the past weeks? Was that the same issue you get? If so since when?

xrbob

Post by xrbob » Fri May 08, 2015 11:34 am

I guess you could call it "fixed" in that I didn't notice my UDP connections being denied or throttled. To those specific services I named, such as iRacing, GTA Online and TeamSpeak.

Exactly the same issues, GTAO sessions dropping mid-game, iracing just not connecting at all and 100% packet loss to their servers.
Soon as I start up the VPN and use TCP I can connect without issue, except then I have to put up with latency issues.

Starts anytime after 7pm and continues through til after 11 when I give up in disgust.

Is this going to be a regular thing now, I'm going to have to chase you guys up to whitelist me and the services I use every month?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Sun May 10, 2015 10:51 am

xrbob wrote:I guess you could call it "fixed" in that I didn't notice my UDP connections being denied or throttled. To those specific services I named, such as iRacing, GTA Online and TeamSpeak.

Exactly the same issues, GTAO sessions dropping mid-game, iracing just not connecting at all and 100% packet loss to their servers.
Soon as I start up the VPN and use TCP I can connect without issue, except then I have to put up with latency issues.

Starts anytime after 7pm and continues through til after 11 when I give up in disgust.

Is this going to be a regular thing now, I'm going to have to chase you guys up to whitelist me and the services I use every month?
Received your e-mail and will get this looked into and advise.

carl82

Post by carl82 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:07 am

hi, i will jump on this one as well.

this has become very noticeable over the past few weeks.

after around 6pm, my downloads hit the floor and while predominantly udp data is dead to some degree other traffic is copping it as well. from http mainly.

what is going on... as i dont want to have to use my 3G tethered to actually download something.

plus my mrs also recently updated to a ps4 and is having a hell of a time playing games online during these times. when gaming most likely takes place..

shakows

Post by shakows » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:59 am

Yeah I'm seeing issues with XBOX 1 chatting at night and GTA V dropping out as well only at night

Continual chat issue and session drops

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:57 pm

shakows wrote:Yeah I'm seeing issues with XBOX 1 chatting at night and GTA V dropping out as well only at night

Continual chat issue and session drops
We need few details from you to investigate the issue. I will create a ticket and drop you an email to your nominated email account.

shakows

Post by shakows » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:37 am

I provided the information earlier in the week

Any updates

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:40 am

shakows wrote:I provided the information earlier in the week

Any updates
This is being looked into. We will be able to advise you once we get an update in this regard.