GTA 5 Online Servers

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
frotac

GTA 5 Online Servers

Post by frotac » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:04 pm

Good Afternoon everyone!
I just wanted to ask if other people are having problems with accessing GTA V Online after 4pm as well?
Yesterday also today after 4pm I cannot for the life of me connect to other players in GTA Online! Last night the problem ended at around 11:30pm!
I played today from 9am til 4pm and the same yesterday I thought I had a network problem last night so I fiddled around for hours trying to find what the problem was! I could not see a problem I even set the modem to DMZ mode for my pc and removed the router and directly plugged into the modem still no connection! 11:30pm come along and I could connect to everyone and anyone and that was the same from 9am today til 4pm this afternoon and now I cannot connect to other players again!
So please is anyone else having this problem? Because none of my friends on TPG, Telstra or Optus have this issue!

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Re: GTA 5 Online Servers

Post by KavindaS » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:04 am

frotac wrote:Good Afternoon everyone!
I just wanted to ask if other people are having problems with accessing GTA V Online after 4pm as well?
Yesterday also today after 4pm I cannot for the life of me connect to other players in GTA Online! Last night the problem ended at around 11:30pm!
I played today from 9am til 4pm and the same yesterday I thought I had a network problem last night so I fiddled around for hours trying to find what the problem was! I could not see a problem I even set the modem to DMZ mode for my pc and removed the router and directly plugged into the modem still no connection! 11:30pm come along and I could connect to everyone and anyone and that was the same from 9am today til 4pm this afternoon and now I cannot connect to other players again!
So please is anyone else having this problem? Because none of my friends on TPG, Telstra or Optus have this issue!
Hi,
In case if the issue persists, email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au with the below required information.

Game : (GTA V)
Version :
Platform : (eg-windows 7)
Server IP: (eg-50.7.141.18)
Port Num : (eg-3748)

frotac

Post by frotac » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:47 am

I woke up nice and early today as last night could not get a connection to other people at all
Logged back on connected to other players right away 6am this morning
I use windows 8.1
I noticed someone else on the whirlpool forum said the same thing last night
I am not sure what the game server IP is how can I find that because its GTA Online servers provided by rockstar for pc players
The version number of the game is the most current version available on steam I don't know why this would be important as I can play the game and connect to the rockstar social network between the hours of 11pm - 4pm

GTA Online requires the following ports to be open:
•TCP Ports: 80, 443
•UDP Ports: 6672, 61455, 61457, 61456, and 61458

That is from the rockstar social website
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en ... leshooting

But as I said before we go around in circles here I can play this game on the servers between the hours of 11pm and 4pm
From 4pm till 11pm it always says to me cannot connect to player/players or join the other players worlds!
This is not normal as all of my Australian friends whom play the game on steam not on exetel can connect to the servers fine

michaeld

Post by michaeld » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:44 am

frotac wrote:I woke up nice and early today as last night could not get a connection to other people at all
Logged back on connected to other players right away 6am this morning
I use windows 8.1
I noticed someone else on the whirlpool forum said the same thing last night
I am not sure what the game server IP is how can I find that because its GTA Online servers provided by rockstar for pc players
The version number of the game is the most current version available on steam I don't know why this would be important as I can play the game and connect to the rockstar social network between the hours of 11pm - 4pm

GTA Online requires the following ports to be open:
•TCP Ports: 80, 443
•UDP Ports: 6672, 61455, 61457, 61456, and 61458

That is from the rockstar social website
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en ... leshooting

But as I said before we go around in circles here I can play this game on the servers between the hours of 11pm and 4pm
From 4pm till 11pm it always says to me cannot connect to player/players or join the other players worlds!
This is not normal as all of my Australian friends whom play the game on steam not on exetel can connect to the servers fine

Hi
Please provide us the gaming server IP :D

frotac

Post by frotac » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:41 am

Okay so hence why i asked as quoted:

"I am not sure what the game server IP is how can I find that because its GTA Online servers provided by rockstar for pc players!"

When i launch the game it automatically connects to the servers!

Please read the whole post before posting again because i clearly asked a question before and you answered with another question or statement!

xrbob

Post by xrbob » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:22 am

Rockstar's IP is irrelevant.
GTA5 Online uses peer to peer communication for matchups, so you'd have to know the IP of anyone who hosts a session/job/heist.

So in effect, GTA5 Online won't work on Exetel (in peak times) because they're blocking/throttling UDP traffic during those times and not telling anyone.

frotac

Post by frotac » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:57 am

Any updates guys because when i get home from work tonight i would like to have a game with my mates in 4 hours time!
So keep us informed I am very curious to see if this can be fixed!
Looks like this has been a on going problem even with other services that people want to use ?

bmcqueen

Post by bmcqueen » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:53 pm

I am experiencing the exact issue as the OP.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:08 pm

@xrbob, frotac, bmcqueen

Please PM your service numbers so I can take a look at this.

bmcqueen

Post by bmcqueen » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:44 pm

angelos wrote:@xrbob, frotac, bmcqueen

Please PM your service numbers so I can take a look at this.
Done!

frotac

Post by frotac » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Okay sent the service number in PM

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Please check tonight and let us know if any issues persist.

bmcqueen

Post by bmcqueen » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:14 pm

angelos wrote:Please check tonight and let us know if any issues persist.
I was on at approximately 4:40PM Sydney time, and had no issues.
Tried again at 7:10PM Sydney time, and was having the same issues as last night: large delays and issues joining online games.

frotac

Post by frotac » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:49 pm

Yeh might need to check it because I can connect and all but now the problem is that I connect and about 1 minute later I get disconnected from server - my friends say it says I left the server

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:26 am

frotac wrote:Yeh might need to check it because I can connect and all but now the problem is that I connect and about 1 minute later I get disconnected from server - my friends say it says I left the server
We will further investigate this and update you all. Resolution is still under investigation.