GTA 5 Online Servers

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
xrbob

Re: GTA 5 Online Servers

Post by xrbob » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:40 am

Same here. Had a few decent populated sessions, but disconnected more than a few times.

Can you shed light on what the issue is, so next time we can narrow it down quicker?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:29 pm

xrbob wrote:Same here. Had a few decent populated sessions, but disconnected more than a few times.
Could you please check if the disconnections continue?

bmcqueen

Post by bmcqueen » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:26 am

bmcqueen wrote:
angelos wrote:Please check tonight and let us know if any issues persist.
I was on at approximately 4:40PM Sydney time, and had no issues.
Tried again at 7:10PM Sydney time, and was having the same issues as last night: large delays and issues joining online games.
Last night, there was very little issue I was having with connecting to other users.
Can you please advise what the resolution was?

The Land of Smeg

Post by The Land of Smeg » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:59 pm

It's been a problem for the last couple of months at least and in particular for the last 2 days I have barely been able to connect at all.

I tried everything including re-downloading all the game files (for the second month in a row it is going to cause me to blow my download limit), even replaced the modem and re-installed Windows with no other software except drivers and GTA V and the problem persists.

My friends (on other ISPs) have been able to play at the same time with no problem at all.

I have isolated this problem to Exetel and now that I found this topic I can see that other users are having problems too.

This is really bad, I will be calling tech support tomorrow and see how far I get, but it's especially annoying that I've blown the Exetel download limit twice when the root cause is actually Exetel. I've been with Exetel with the years, as an Agent too, but the quality has really slipped in the last year especially since they have been pushing unlimited plans. This time last year I was getting constant 16Mbps Speedtests and now I get 3-4Mbps during Peak times, even though the Sync speed is still 20000kbps on the modem. I am on a VIC Telstra port (top hat)

I have 800MB data remaining until the 14th

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:06 pm

We will further investigate this and update you all. Network team have been informed.