Issues with Waverley exchange, Sydney?

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
gstark

Issues with Waverley exchange, Sydney?

Post by gstark » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:54 am

I'm currently overseas, but I cannot access any of my systems at home.

The answering machine is not answering, none of the three pcs that I should be able to see from an external connection are accessible, and the video security hardware is telling me that I'm not online.

Is there an issue at the exchange? Or downstream?

Could someone from Exetel please check the connection?

I first noticed this about 6 hours ago, but have been on the road since then, and I was hoping that this would be a transient issue. Seems to not be the case.

michaeld
Exetel Staff

Re: Issues with Waverley exchange, Sydney?

Post by michaeld » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:10 am

gstark wrote:I'm currently overseas, but I cannot access any of my systems at home.

The answering machine is not answering, none of the three pcs that I should be able to see from an external connection are accessible, and the video security hardware is telling me that I'm not online.

Is there an issue at the exchange? Or downstream?

Could someone from Exetel please check the connection?

I first noticed this about 6 hours ago, but have been on the road since then, and I was hoping that this would be a transient issue. Seems to not be the case.

Could you please PM us your Service number. Once the details are received, we can investigate and assist you further.

gstark

Post by gstark » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:48 am

Thanks, done.

And the problems seem to still be there.

Cheers.

gstark

Post by gstark » Fri May 01, 2015 1:51 am

PM was sent 24 hours ago, but at thistime, it appears to have not yet been read.

gstark

Post by gstark » Fri May 01, 2015 11:50 am

PM still not read.

Not seeing any responses here either.

Home services still down.

This is most unlike the normally great service I get from Exetel. Could someone please look at this issue for me?

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Fri May 01, 2015 4:26 pm

gstark wrote:PM still not read.

Not seeing any responses here either.

Home services still down.

This is most unlike the normally great service I get from Exetel. Could someone please look at this issue for me?
Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Could you please PM or drop an email to stevej@exetel.com.au with your service number so that I could check on this for you.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

gstark

Post by gstark » Fri May 01, 2015 5:42 pm

Thanks Steve.

Done.

shoner

Post by shoner » Fri May 01, 2015 6:29 pm

gstark wrote:Thanks Steve.

Done.
hi gstark,

We can confirm that there are no outage with the dslam that you are connected. In the past there was an outage on 13 Apr 2015 for a few hours.

The last successful login attempt we had from your device recently was on Mon Apr 27 05:01:04 2015

We ran a line test and the results are not with in specification. We might have to organize a tech. We need to run another line test without any of your devices being connected.

Can you arrange this for us. Your Ticket ID: 8999525
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

gstark

Post by gstark » Sat May 02, 2015 1:58 am

Thank you

I'll be back in town on Monday, and will be able to disconnect everything for the test once I'm back.

I'll let you know, using the ticket ID, once that is done.

gstark

Post by gstark » Mon May 04, 2015 9:36 am

shoner wrote:
gstark wrote:Thanks Steve.

Done.
hi gstark,

We can confirm that there are no outage with the dslam that you are connected. In the past there was an outage on 13 Apr 2015 for a few hours.

The last successful login attempt we had from your device recently was on Mon Apr 27 05:01:04 2015

We ran a line test and the results are not with in specification. We might have to organize a tech. We need to run another line test without any of your devices being connected.

Can you arrange this for us. Your Ticket ID: 8999525
Ok, I'm home now.

No phone connecton, no internet.

The line is dead.

I have now disconnected everything from the wall socket,and I'm updating the ticket.

Please let me know when you have completed your testing. The last time something like this happened, we found that a Telstra tech had totally disconnected my line pair at the building's connection, and we needed to call in a sparky to diagnose the fact the Telstra had screwed up.

I sincerely hope that this can be promptly fixed, as I am not in a position to be off the air for a long time, and especially given that this problem seems to have been in place for almost a week already.

Thanks.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon May 04, 2015 10:01 am

Received your e-mail and we have run a test at 9.57am.

A response has been sent via that ticket. Please get back to us so we could get this matter investigated further.

gstark

Post by gstark » Tue May 05, 2015 1:57 pm

I find it curious that while my initial enquiries elicited a response saying that there were no issues in the exchange, your text message a few minutes ago, providing me with a status update, appears to contradict this ...
Exetel Update - Our supplier advises that your service is affected due to an on going outage.. This is currently being investigated and they estimate that this should be resolved by 18/05 7PM.
That aside, your supplier needs to get a serious dose of reality. The ongoing issue should be resolved by May 18? I'm sorry, but what world are they liiving in? This is not an acceptable response, and I would greatly appreciate it if you could let them know exactly how out of touch they are.

Forget the fact that I have no internet available from this service: the simple fact is that I have no basic phone service because of this outage, and THAT is not an acceptable position.

I have left further comments and details on the ticket. Please ensure that your supplier is appraised of the details, and that this matter is resolved within a much more reasonable timeframe.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Tue May 05, 2015 2:49 pm

gstark wrote:I find it curious that while my initial enquiries elicited a response saying that there were no issues in the exchange, your text message a few minutes ago, providing me with a status update, appears to contradict this ...
Exetel Update - Our supplier advises that your service is affected due to an on going outage.. This is currently being investigated and they estimate that this should be resolved by 18/05 7PM.
That aside, your supplier needs to get a serious dose of reality. The ongoing issue should be resolved by May 18? I'm sorry, but what world are they liiving in? This is not an acceptable response, and I would greatly appreciate it if you could let them know exactly how out of touch they are.

Forget the fact that I have no internet available from this service: the simple fact is that I have no basic phone service because of this outage, and THAT is not an acceptable position.

I have left further comments and details on the ticket. Please ensure that your supplier is appraised of the details, and that this matter is resolved within a much more reasonable timeframe.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Unfortunately at times we do not have much information of outages as most customers contact us as soon as an issue comes about and these issues take time to identify.

This would be the reason why when escalating the issue, it was not identified as an area-wide outage.

We have however received the confirmation that your area is affected but the 'estimated' time frame provided is 18/05. This may be completed before the date, on the date or may be extended.

The issue could be a complex issue requiring parts that are not available with them and may take time to obtain so as I advised, this is a tentative time frame provided.

I have seen your response and I will respond to your e-mail with what we can try to do about this.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

gstark

Post by gstark » Tue May 05, 2015 9:54 pm

Thanks.

I appreciate your help and honesty.

gstark

Post by gstark » Mon May 18, 2015 4:09 pm

Well, here we are.

Nearly three weeks on, and still no phone line. Still no internet.

According to your text messages, the fault should be resolved by 7pm today. Should we start a sweep on what time (within the next 170 minutes) this will occur? :)

In all seriousness, my understanding is that this is an outage which has affected over 350 services in the Bondi area, but the fact that it's taking Telstra this long to fix these, quite frankly, is very disappointing.

I have heard that Foxtel and BigPond services have been given priority over phone services, and if that is ture, it's really quite a sickening situation.