Help ! New homeline and ADSL2+ service (Wollongong)

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
robin

Help ! New homeline and ADSL2+ service (Wollongong)

Post by robin » Fri May 22, 2015 11:31 pm

Hi,

It took me 10 mins to open this page due to low speed issue.

I am with exetel over 9 years and always happy with exetel's service. Just a small thing happened today. I applied a new homeline and adsl2+ due to move, and my homeline and broadband service was activated this morning. Both the homeline and broadband have problems.

For homeline, all phone outlets in the house work well before today. Then after the new homeline was activated, only one outlet in the study room works and all other outlets are silent, no signal or noise at all. Are you sure it is an internal connection problem ?

For ADSL2+ service, my download speed is only 0.56 MB/S. I made a call about 30mins ago and was told to turn off the modern for 10 mins and call back for any issue. When I call back about 15 mins later, the technique support line is closed and my call was handed up directly. I have no choice but to post a quest here. Can you image how hard to open exetel web and post this topic here with only 0.56 MB/S. Please help !

PS. My new homeline is 0242257387.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: Help ! New homeline and ADSL2+ service (Wollongong)

Post by angelos » Mon May 25, 2015 8:51 am

robin wrote:Hi,

It took me 10 mins to open this page due to low speed issue.

I am with exetel over 9 years and always happy with exetel's service. Just a small thing happened today. I applied a new homeline and adsl2+ due to move, and my homeline and broadband service was activated this morning. Both the homeline and broadband have problems.

For homeline, all phone outlets in the house work well before today. Then after the new homeline was activated, only one outlet in the study room works and all other outlets are silent, no signal or noise at all. Are you sure it is an internal connection problem ?

For ADSL2+ service, my download speed is only 0.56 MB/S. I made a call about 30mins ago and was told to turn off the modern for 10 mins and call back for any issue. When I call back about 15 mins later, the technique support line is closed and my call was handed up directly. I have no choice but to post a quest here. Can you image how hard to open exetel web and post this topic here with only 0.56 MB/S. Please help !

PS. My new homeline is 0242257387.
I have opened a ticket for you (9123524) and you should receive an email shortly with a few questions we need answers for to get this matter investigated further.

Please reply to that email.

robin

Post by robin » Mon May 25, 2015 8:55 pm

Thanks.

My speed is increased to 3MB/S. Anyone knows is it a normal speed for ADSL2+?

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Mon May 25, 2015 10:38 pm

robin wrote:Thanks.

My speed is increased to 3MB/S. Anyone knows is it a normal speed for ADSL2+?
Sync speed mainly depends on the distance you stay away from exchange. Also the quality and the age of the copper. Looking at the line stats the current sync speed seems acceptable. However, if you wish to have the infrastructure investigated, please reply to my colleague's email with your confirmation.