Changing Wholesaler

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
JJDisco

Changing Wholesaler

Post by JJDisco » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:35 pm

So For a ridiculously long time I've been getting excellent speed most through the day (12-18 Mbps) and then as the day goes on drops to between 1-3 Mbps. I've been speaking to some parents at the school my kids attend and have worked out that those on the Optus DSLAM have generally similar experiences and those on a Telstra DSLAM have minimal changes to their download speeds. Basically my connection struggles to view low quality Youtube videos and at times struggles with streaming Spotify.

From memory I'm on the Optus DSLAM and want to know how I could switch to Telstra if that is the case.

devindag
Exetel Staff

Re: Changing Wholesaler

Post by devindag » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:23 pm

JJDisco wrote:So For a ridiculously long time I've been getting excellent speed most through the day (12-18 Mbps) and then as the day goes on drops to between 1-3 Mbps. I've been speaking to some parents at the school my kids attend and have worked out that those on the Optus DSLAM have generally similar experiences and those on a Telstra DSLAM have minimal changes to their download speeds. Basically my connection struggles to view low quality Youtube videos and at times struggles with streaming Spotify.

From memory I'm on the Optus DSLAM and want to know how I could switch to Telstra if that is the case.

Please note that I have dropped an email to your nominated email account with reference number 9160385

Kindly respond to us via email or call us and quote that reference number to assist you further on the matter.

Lavec

Post by Lavec » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:01 pm

I have the same issue on Optus DSLAM. Is it possible for me too to switch to Telstra?

JJDisco

Post by JJDisco » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:30 pm

Hi Lavec. I was told that there was an issue with the Optus DSLAM and Optus don't have any planned resolution for it. That might be different for you at your location. However, to switch to Telstra I was told I had to cancel my contract and then reapply and ask for the Telstra DSLAM but that they couldn't guarantee any better service. I'm currently asking parents of my kids friends who they are with and their download experiences to make a better choice.

Hope that's somewhat helpful

devindag
Exetel Staff

Post by devindag » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Lavec wrote:I have the same issue on Optus DSLAM. Is it possible for me too to switch to Telstra?
Please note that you need to get in touch with our residential sales team to further discuss the matter. You may contact them and discuss further.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:01 pm

Lavec wrote:I have the same issue on Optus DSLAM. Is it possible for me too to switch to Telstra?
Hi Lavec,

We could look into the possibilities. Could you please email residentialsales@exetel.com.au copying the Forum URL.

Regards,
Remosha

sato74

Post by sato74 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:15 am

Sorry to Hi-jack this thread JJDisco
I am currently in the same position as you wanting to change to the Telstra network.
When I first signed up to Exetel I had to have a Telstra number which I did but now I know I'm on the Optus network because of the lack in performance and My Exetel account has it stating in the service plan I'm on the Optus network.
I noticed that my speed dropped and even with talk's to support nothing has changed because I'm at a great distance from the exchange and the Optus network is no where as reliable as Telstra's.
Also out of curiosity, I have noticed on the whirlpool forums that Exetel have been issuing emails to client's stating change of plan due to network change from Telstra to Optus! Why was I not given the same courtesy?
I have tried to churn to AusBBS but as I'm on the optus line they won't supply ADSL to me even with me asking Exetel Provisioning (9337312) for the correct Phone and Billing account numbers.
How am I able to get back on the Telstra network with minimal problems as I am unhappy with the performance that the Optus line is supplying?
Regards
Kyle

NIrmitha
Exetel Staff

Post by NIrmitha » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:37 pm

sato74 wrote:by sato74 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:45 am
Sorry to Hi-jack this thread JJDisco
I am currently in the same position as you wanting to change to the Telstra network.
When I first signed up to Exetel I had to have a Telstra number which I did but now I know I'm on the Optus network because of the lack in performance and My Exetel account has it stating in the service plan I'm on the Optus network.
I noticed that my speed dropped and even with talk's to support nothing has changed because I'm at a great distance from the exchange and the Optus network is no where as reliable as Telstra's.
Hi sato74,
I have created a helpdesk ticket and sent you an email containing some troubleshooting.
Please reply to us with the requested information. (Your ticket ID: 9344991)

harsch

Post by harsch » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:36 pm

i also tried, unsuccessfully, for a telstra swap but over the last month or so adsl2 over the ashmore qld exchange has improved dramatically.
maybe it's whinge n win but congestion is down heaps and download speeds back to 1.1 MB/s.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:12 am

harsch wrote:i also tried, unsuccessfully, for a telstra swap but over the last month or so adsl2 over the ashmore qld exchange has improved dramatically.
maybe it's whinge n win but congestion is down heaps and download speeds back to 1.1 MB/s.
That sounds good. Please let us know if something comes up but glad to hear things have improved.