are there known ADSL problems at BLRO exchange?

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
casio7131

are there known ADSL problems at BLRO exchange?

Post by casio7131 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:53 pm

I'm on Boolaroo exchange in Newcastle. Can anyone tell me if there is a known problem for some connections on that exchange?

REASON:
My (Optus based) ADSL has been down since SAT 20/6 ~10pm, but phone is working OK. Asking around the nearby neighbourhood, it seems a few other people's internet is also down since roughly Thu-Sat too.

Just up the street, there are techs working on the Telecom cabinet/pit since mid last week. So I'm thinking that maybe they've broken something to do with ADSL.

Contacting Exetel tech support, they want a field tech to come out to test at my house. I'm a bit hesitant to do that because of the $220 fee "if nothing found". Especially since with the work in Telecom pit and other people's similar problems. So I'd like to get an idea if there's a known problem (to me it seems clearly there is an obvious problem near my house) before I commit to field tech and possibility of $220 fee.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: are there known ADSL problems at BLRO exchange?

Post by angelos » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:25 pm

casio7131 wrote:I'm on Boolaroo exchange in Newcastle. Can anyone tell me if there is a known problem for some connections on that exchange?

REASON:
My (Optus based) ADSL has been down since SAT 20/6 ~10pm, but phone is working OK. Asking around the nearby neighbourhood, it seems a few other people's internet is also down since roughly Thu-Sat too.

Just up the street, there are techs working on the Telecom cabinet/pit since mid last week. So I'm thinking that maybe they've broken something to do with ADSL.

Contacting Exetel tech support, they want a field tech to come out to test at my house. I'm a bit hesitant to do that because of the $220 fee "if nothing found". Especially since with the work in Telecom pit and other people's similar problems. So I'd like to get an idea if there's a known problem (to me it seems clearly there is an obvious problem near my house) before I commit to field tech and possibility of $220 fee.
Please PM me your service number so I could take a closer look at the status.

casio7131

Post by casio7131 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:57 pm

PM sent.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:06 pm

casio7131 wrote:PM sent.
Received... thanks...

I have checked this for you. (Ticket ID : 9203662)

It appears the line tests performed were not within specification, so this may be an issue related to the line and you may be right and could be affected by the techs working on the lines.

However we are unable to guarantee this and are able to arrange a technician to investigate the matter further. This would however mean that there is a possibility that you would be charged the incorrect call out charge if the technician is unable to find any issues up to the Network Boundary Point (NBP).

Or you may wait until those technicians finish their work and leave. The decision is in your hands. Please reply to the email sent to you with how you wish to proceed and we will get this looked into if you agree to the possible charges.

A suggestion though... In the event you agree to the charges and we arrange a service call, check the status of the lights of the modem each day and ensure you get back to us if you see it working again to avoid the incorrect call out charge applying to yourself.

casio7131

Post by casio7131 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:00 pm

I think I will wait a few more days and see if workers finish up.

I will respond to email now, thanks.