Have I been moved to exetel/optus?

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
xywolap

Have I been moved to exetel/optus?

Post by xywolap » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:11 pm

Yesterday Mon 6th Oct our speed dropped from a constant 18000kbps to now around 1400kbps.
I did hear that Exetel were moving all Exetel/Telstra customers over to Optus provision and wonder if this is now the case with my connection?
We are on a rim with a tophat and only with the Telstra provisioning can we get ADSL2+ speeds.
I have lodged a ticket ""giving all the fault finding efforts"" in it, isolation test, different modem & computers, etc etc but all I received from your OS CSA was a standard message to do those things that I had explained had been already done. I replied but feel like I am talking to a rock? Ticket # 9497585 refers.
Can anyone there confirm that I have been switched to Optus provision? That would explain why now I only get ADSL1 speed.
If so, will it be possible to change back to Telstra provisioning?
Thanks.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Re: Have I been moved to exetel/optus?

Post by KavindaS » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:20 pm

xywolap wrote:Yesterday Mon 6th Oct our speed dropped from a constant 18000kbps to now around 1400kbps.
I did hear that Exetel were moving all Exetel/Telstra customers over to Optus provision and wonder if this is now the case with my connection?
We are on a rim with a tophat and only with the Telstra provisioning can we get ADSL2+ speeds.
I have lodged a ticket ""giving all the fault finding efforts"" in it, isolation test, different modem & computers, etc etc but all I received from your OS CSA was a standard message to do those things that I had explained had been already done. I replied but feel like I am talking to a rock? Ticket # 9497585 refers.
Can anyone there confirm that I have been switched to Optus provision? That would explain why now I only get ADSL1 speed.
If so, will it be possible to change back to Telstra provisioning?
Thanks.
We will check and update you via the same ticket reference.

xywolap

Post by xywolap » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:51 pm

Fault found. Defective wiring behind wall phone socket.
I have submitted a cancel ticket request.
Thanks for your assistance.

BTW. We are on a rim/tophat and Telstra provisioned. Will we be able to stay on that as with optus we cannot get access?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:28 pm

xywolap wrote:Fault found. Defective wiring behind wall phone socket.
Thank you for confirming and I have closed the case now. :)
xywolap wrote:BTW. We are on a rim/tophat and Telstra provisioned. Will we be able to stay on that as with optus we cannot get access?
We are unable to do this and it will have to be migrated. However if you have any issues you wish to raise with us once the migration is completed, please let us know and we will be able to look into it for you.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:33 pm

xywolap wrote:Fault found. Defective wiring behind wall phone socket.

BTW. We are on a rim/tophat and Telstra provisioned. Will we be able to stay on that as with optus we cannot get access?
IF you are on a RIM/tophat then you won't ever be moved, as it's only Telstra infrastructure.