Slow speed again NSW Sth Coast

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
LindaB

Slow speed again NSW Sth Coast

Post by LindaB » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:23 pm

This is an ongoing problem that seems to be solved for a short period by a port reset. Almost by the clock internet speed will drop at 5pm & be slow till about midnight then getting back to max ADSL2 speed.
If you could do another reset I would appreciate it because it has deteriorated again since the last one in early Sept. We can't find any particular reason for it & has been like this most of the year, since I will be moving in the next few months I will make do with resetting it as needed if you don't mind.

Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Re: Slow speed again NSW Sth Coast

Post by Kaushalya » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:58 pm

LindaB wrote:This is an ongoing problem that seems to be solved for a short period by a port reset. Almost by the clock internet speed will drop at 5pm & be slow till about midnight then getting back to max ADSL2 speed.
If you could do another reset I would appreciate it because it has deteriorated again since the last one in early Sept. We can't find any particular reason for it & has been like this most of the year, since I will be moving in the next few months I will make do with resetting it as needed if you don't mind.
As requested I have performed a port reset. You may restart the modem and check.

For further issues please email us with the speed test results obtained via speedtest.exetel.com.au. Appreciate if you can run the test during both morning and evening.

LindaB

Post by LindaB » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Thanks Kaushalya.
I noticed the difference immediately after it was done, connection now appears to be back to around 20 Mbps again & if it sticks to it's previous behaviour it will be good for the next month or so.
Thank you for attending to my request so quickly.

Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Post by Kaushalya » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:27 pm

LindaB wrote:Thanks Kaushalya.
I noticed the difference immediately after it was done, connection now appears to be back to around 20 Mbps again & if it sticks to it's previous behaviour it will be good for the next month or so.
Thank you for attending to my request so quickly.
No worries :)

Good to hear that your speeds are back to what it was. Please send the speed test results if this issue reoccurs.

RogW

Post by RogW » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:26 pm

hi

i am also on the south coast and my internet has deteriorated to a point of being useless of an evening. im wondering if a port reset would do the trick so this is my request for a port reset.

cheers

update: i am currently using mobile phone internet as exetel connection is connecting,connecting,xdsl not synchronised, connecting,connecting,incorrect username and password then connecting for a few minutes then repeating the process :(

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:36 pm

RogW wrote:hi

i am also on the south coast and my internet has deteriorated to a point of being useless of an evening. im wondering if a port reset would do the trick so this is my request for a port reset.

cheers

update: i am currently using mobile phone internet as exetel connection is connecting,connecting,xdsl not synchronised, connecting,connecting,incorrect username and password then connecting for a few minutes then repeating the process :(
Please PM me your service number and I will take a look at this.

danielmorgan

Post by danielmorgan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:42 am

Hi,

I too have been receiving slow browsing speeds (downloads, torrents etc seem fine) can I too request a port reset?

Many thanks,
Dan

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:11 pm

danielmorgan wrote:Hi,

I too have been receiving slow browsing speeds (downloads, torrents etc seem fine) can I too request a port reset?

Many thanks,
Dan
Please PM me your service number so I can get this done for you.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:54 pm

angelos wrote:
RogW wrote:hi

cheers

Please PM me your service number and I will take a look at this.
@RogW

PM received and reset done. However if you are facing issues at particular times of the day we would have to investigate further. FYI, at the time you said the internet was not connecting yesterday, it was due to an unplanned outage (viewtopic.php?f=296&t=42377)

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:04 pm

angelos wrote:
danielmorgan wrote:Hi,

Many thanks,
Dan
Please PM me your service number so I can get this done for you.
@danielmorgan

PM received and reset performed as requested.

RogW

Post by RogW » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:47 pm

Alas my speeds have dropped even further since the port reset:-

http://i.imgur.com/hwciBt8.png

on a side note the NBN guys have recently been installing cabling to houses over the past week and patched my house in today. Things do seem to have gone down the drain since they started digging things up.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:01 pm

RogW wrote:Alas my speeds have dropped even further since the port reset:-

http://i.imgur.com/hwciBt8.png

on a side note the NBN guys have recently been installing cabling to houses over the past week and patched my house in today. Things do seem to have gone down the drain since they started digging things up.
Could you please confirm, if it is a time specified issue or through out the day, for what you have confirmed before.

Quote'
i am also on the south coast and my internet has deteriorated to a point of being useless of an evening
Unquote

RogW

Post by RogW » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:19 pm

Hi

It is definitely noticeably slower in the evening during peak hours.
regular max speed for me is now down to under 500kbps.

During peak hours streaming of anything is close to impossible, online gaming is pointless which sucks as I am a big online gamer. All it is good for is browsing simple web pages, high content web pages take a while to render.

Tonight I have been down to dialup speeds with the speed varying, dropping out and generally being horrible.

a few more:-

This has been tested using 2 modems, wireless and wired, no other phones etc connected and online 1 machine online with no

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:56 pm

RogW wrote:Hi

It is definitely noticeably slower in the evening during peak hours.
regular max speed for me is now down to under 500kbps.

During peak hours streaming of anything is close to impossible, online gaming is pointless which sucks as I am a big online gamer. All it is good for is browsing simple web pages, high content web pages take a while to render.

Tonight I have been down to dialup speeds with the speed varying, dropping out and generally being horrible.

This has been tested using 2 modems, wireless and wired, no other phones etc connected and online 1 machine online with no
I have created a service issue ticket under the reference number 9557420 for you. I will perform the relevant line tests and drop you an email through the same ticket. You may then get back to us and communicate through the relevant ticket, until we further investigate the issue.