Speed down to a 3rd of normal as of wed Morning 11th

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Kumudh

Re: Speed down to a 3rd of normal as of wed Morning 11th

Post by Kumudh » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:45 am

ilce wrote:I rang and because its OK now they want me to monitor again.

33 hours now and it has not died or slowed down. That is a 1st for 2 weeks.

Hopefully it stays this way and if it does it seems something was going on in Optus land that they may have rectified.
Hi ilce,

Good to hear that all is well. If the issue does reoccur just respond to the email sent to you on 15/11 and make sure to arrange for the line test.

Dr.Gerry

Post by Dr.Gerry » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:05 pm

Wow? You are getting a third of your speed? You should be happy........I just posted a rant on the "Customer reviews" board about exactly this problem, in a nutshell - I am on an NBN wireless 25/5 connection. Well, I used to be - as of the network maintenance on November 11 I have NO internet connection. I am having to connect to my phone's wifi to write to this board. I can't even get into the MyExetel portal when I am connected with my Exetel connection....so that is some sort of indicator as to how routed their routing is! My connection went from 25/5 (and we were getting regular 22Mb+ download speeds before the maintenance), to 2/16 (yes.....16 UPLOAD, 2 download)....until I lodged a support request with Exetel, and now my Internet connection is completely funked....and I mean COMPLETELY. I can't even get Google - usually Google comes up almost before you hit the enter key, but it just times out now. Forget doing speed tests........the speedtest.net page half loads, and then dies. I don't know what they did during that network maintenance, and unfortunately it seems Exetel doesn't either.

If anyone from Exetel reads this forum, and is able to help, the numbers of my support ticket is 9624994

[edit] Duplicate post deleted

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:10 am

Dr.Gerry wrote:Wow? You are getting a third of your speed? You should be happy........I just posted a rant on the "Customer reviews" board about exactly this problem, in a nutshell - I am on an NBN wireless 25/5 connection. Well, I used to be - as of the network maintenance on November 11 I have NO internet connection. I am having to connect to my phone's wifi to write to this board. I can't even get into the MyExetel portal when I am connected with my Exetel connection....so that is some sort of indicator as to how routed their routing is! My connection went from 25/5 (and we were getting regular 22Mb+ download speeds before the maintenance), to 2/16 (yes.....16 UPLOAD, 2 download)....until I lodged a support request with Exetel, and now my Internet connection is completely funked....and I mean COMPLETELY. I can't even get Google - usually Google comes up almost before you hit the enter key, but it just times out now. Forget doing speed tests........the speedtest.net page half loads, and then dies. I don't know what they did during that network maintenance, and unfortunately it seems Exetel doesn't either.

If anyone from Exetel reads this forum, and is able to help, the numbers of my support ticket is 9624994

[edit] Duplicate post deleted
We have been already replied to you over the support ticket. Kindly reply back the email for further investigation.

ilce

Post by ilce » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:56 am

6 days and all good. Rock solid and no disconnections. Whatever was happening at the exchange seems to have gone. So very happy.

Though it does tell me the issue was with the exchange as I did nothing to change it on my side.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:01 am

ilce wrote:6 days and all good. Rock solid and no disconnections. Whatever was happening at the exchange seems to have gone. So very happy.

Though it does tell me the issue was with the exchange as I did nothing to change it on my side.
Excellent news. Unfortunate that we could not identify the cause. However, please continue to monitor the connection and let us know if something comes up.