ADSL2 speed issues and no telephone either

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
nato666

ADSL2 speed issues and no telephone either

Post by nato666 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:49 pm

My telephone has not been working for past few days (bundled plan with ADSL2+). My ADSL2 has been working, but the speed has dropped again after I had a ticket resolved on the 9th of December. I have tried trouble shooting these issues myself, but have had no luck.

Any chance you guys can fix this?

I have lodged a ticket but have seen no action. (Reference: ZWQ-74391-165)

Since lodging a ticket, yesterday, my telephone and ADSL decided to return to normal but only for approximately one hour. How frustrating. Also have had drop outs during the past few weeks. Please explain? - Is there a problem with the local exchange? - C'mon what's going on? - feel like I've been kept in the dark.

Not good enough!!!!!!!!

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: ADSL2 speed issues and no telephone either

Post by angelos » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:11 pm

We will go through the ticket and respond to you via that.

There may be reasonable delays in responses during the holiday season so please bear with us.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

nato666

Post by nato666 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:14 am

Having the exact same issues as 12 months ago.

No telephone service - not even a dial tone - Have tried a brand new wired handset connected directly to the wall socket, no change.

ADSL speed is almost at half of what is normal for me. I always keep an eye on what speeds I get so I know my speed issues are not due to volume of traffic etc.
I have tried rebooting modem and connecting directly to the wall socket - no change.

I have lodged a ticket LYG-13841-415

rehanj
Exetel Staff

Post by rehanj » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:40 pm

nato666 wrote:Having the exact same issues as 12 months ago.

No telephone service - not even a dial tone - Have tried a brand new wired handset connected directly to the wall socket, no change.

ADSL speed is almost at half of what is normal for me. I always keep an eye on what speeds I get so I know my speed issues are not due to volume of traffic etc.
I have tried rebooting modem and connecting directly to the wall socket - no change.

I have lodged a ticket LYG-13841-415

Hi nato666, we have sent you an email with a few questions regarding your reported service issue. Please provide a reply on the same email thread for further investigation of your reported service issue.

nato666

Post by nato666 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Ok, I replied to your email pretty much straight away. That was on Sunday. Is there any chance you guys can let me know what's going on?

Considering I am currently paying for telephone (That is currently not working) and ADSL2+ (That is significantly operating at a slower speed than normal) I think I have the right to know what's going on.

Please contact me and with an update. Thank You.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:41 pm

nato666 wrote:Ok, I replied to your email pretty much straight away. That was on Sunday. Is there any chance you guys can let me know what's going on?

Considering I am currently paying for telephone (That is currently not working) and ADSL2+ (That is significantly operating at a slower speed than normal) I think I have the right to know what's going on.

Please contact me and with an update. Thank You.
We apologies for the delay on this. However we have already logged the service issue with Telstra as a phone service fault under the reference number 11085831. We will update you as soon as we receive an update on your given contact mobile.

nato666

Post by nato666 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:22 pm

Ok, I received a text message from you. I have re-checked everything I can and I Am still having the same problems.
What now?

michaeld

Post by michaeld » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:33 pm

nato666 wrote:Ok, I received a text message from you. I have re-checked everything I can and I Am still having the same problems.
What now?

We will update this information with the supplier and we will update you as soon as we receive an update from them

nato666

Post by nato666 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:11 am

Ok, received a visit from a tech this morning. The problem is now solved.
Thank you.