Nightly Issues with UDP

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
bmcqueen

Nightly Issues with UDP

Post by bmcqueen » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:11 am

Hi;

I'm having a nightly recurring issue when trying to connect to friends within games (direct P2P UDP connection).
Prior to around 7:00PM, I am able to connect and play without issue. Should I disconnect, and try to reconnect post this point (until much later) I am unable to connect.
I try this connection multiple times, only to continuously fail.

My connectivity and routing undergoes no changes during this period, and are all working for standard TCP connections.
To test further, I have connected to a VPN service based in Sydney, and retried my connection within the game - which connected without issue to friends.

I have previously had this issue, and requested assistance in these forums - in which I was informed to try again later that night, and the problem appeared to be resolved.
I am not sure what the root cause, or fix is, and I am looking for information about what is going on.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: Nightly Issues with UDP

Post by angelos » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:39 pm

Have you opened a ticket with Residential Support? If not please email the details of this issue to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au so we can have this investigated further.