Slow ADSL2+ Speeds - Umina/Woy Woy (2257)

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
weedoman

Slow ADSL2+ Speeds - Umina/Woy Woy (2257)

Post by weedoman » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:44 am

Here we go again...

Have been getting drop outs every day lately. Today my service as dropped out at least three times in the last hour and when it is up, I am getting very low speeds (between 1 and 4mb/s - I usually get 8 - 10+).

Can someone from tech support take a look please? Your office is not open to call.

DHPHOTO

Re: Slow ADSL2+ Speeds - Umina/Woy Woy (2257)

Post by DHPHOTO » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:00 am

Looks like the saw me finally login ... and read your post. I was about to agree with your sentiment.

We have shocking speeds, being so far from the exchange (Minto exchange, NSW 2566), and with this current issue, here were my Speedtest.net values:

Averaging at time of issue:
Ping 1,950 ms -- Download 0.02 Mbps -- Upload 0.40 Mbps ...

A few minutes back, back to 'lightning speed':
Ping 45 ms -- Download 1.40 Mbps -- Upload 0.65 Mbps ...

Well, before I could even hit send ... back to shocking speeds and work process time outs ! I guess my trusty, but expensive, Telstra 4G WiFi is going to get a thrashing so I get some work done, today.

Exetel, a fix and explanation would be nice. I cannot take the risk to switch back to Exetel at this stage for work ...
DH PHOTO
Exchange - Minto NSW 2566

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:36 pm

weedoman wrote:Here we go again...

Have been getting drop outs every day lately. Today my service as dropped out at least three times in the last hour and when it is up, I am getting very low speeds (between 1 and 4mb/s - I usually get 8 - 10+).

Can someone from tech support take a look please? Your office is not open to call.
I refer to the ticket #10772340 and we are currently in the process of investigating the issue with our wholesale supplier. As soon as there is an update, we will pass it to you on your given contact details.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:49 pm

DHPHOTO wrote:Looks like the saw me finally login ... and read your post. I was about to agree with your sentiment.

We have shocking speeds, being so far from the exchange (Minto exchange, NSW 2566), and with this current issue, here were my Speedtest.net values:

Well, before I could even hit send ... back to shocking speeds and work process time outs ! I guess my trusty, but expensive, Telstra 4G WiFi is going to get a thrashing so I get some work done, today.

Exetel, a fix and explanation would be nice. I cannot take the risk to switch back to Exetel at this stage for work ...
I have investigated your service issue and identified that the line sync rates up to the modem are really poor. Therefore I have reset the port at the Dslam and you need to give power reboot to the modem.

If the issue persisst with the speeds, In order to troubleshoot your service issue effectively we need to run a line test with out any of your privately maintained equipment connected to any of your wall sockets at premises.
This will enable us to better determine the root of your service issue,

All devices need to be disconnected, including any alarms, foxtel, modems, phones and fax machines. Once the line is completely ready, please advise us and we will run the test.
You may wish to call us at 1300788141 or 0280301000 to arrange the test, you may Quote your ticket # 10774638.

DHPHOTO

Post by DHPHOTO » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:49 pm

KavindaS wrote:
DHPHOTO wrote:Looks like the saw me finally login ... and read your post. I was about to agree with your sentiment.

I have investigated your service issue and identified that the line sync rates up to the modem are really poor. Therefore I have reset the port at the Dslam and you need to give power reboot to the modem.

If the issue persisst with the speeds, In order to troubleshoot your service issue effectively we need to run a line test with out any of your privately maintained equipment connected to any of your wall sockets at premises.

All devices need to be disconnected, including any alarms, foxtel, modems, phones and fax machines. Once the line is completely ready, please advise us and we will run the test.
You may wish to call us at 1300788141 or 0280301000 to arrange the test, you may Quote your ticket # 10774638.
Thanks, I was unable to set the e-mail to my new, non-Exetel address, it wouldn't allow it. Therefore I was unable to see that this had been looked at. I did see, mind you, that the modem reset it self in and around the time you updated this entry. I logged into the modem to check the connection and then performed a number of speed tests which were 'normal'. I stayed on Telstra 4G WiFi for work, for the rest of the day but used it for personal connections for the rest of the day. Post work sign off, I was able to successfully test my work connection.

Thank you for looking into the situation and correcting as necessary.
DH PHOTO
Exchange - Minto NSW 2566

rehanj
Exetel Staff

Post by rehanj » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:52 pm

DHPHOTO wrote:
KavindaS wrote:

Thanks, I was unable to set the e-mail to my new, non-Exetel address, it wouldn't allow it. Therefore I was unable to see that this had been looked at. I did see, mind you, that the modem reset it self in and around the time you updated this entry. I logged into the modem to check the connection and then performed a number of speed tests which were 'normal'. I stayed on Telstra 4G WiFi for work, for the rest of the day but used it for personal connections for the rest of the day. Post work sign off, I was able to successfully test my work connection.

Thank you for looking into the situation and correcting as necessary.

We are glad that the issue seems to be resolved and happy to be of service, please do get back to us if the issue resurfaces.