Poor Fax line quality - ADSL good

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
ocular

Re: Poor Fax line quality - ADSL good

Post by ocular » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:30 pm

48hrs and no response by smbsupport to my further testing. I have set up a Fax server at a vpn endpoint to another premises (at considerable cost) to maintain my outgoing fax service. The only unknown is my testing is the copper wire from my premises to the MDF.(the ADSL and voice service are fine) I can get a tech in and connect my fax modem up to he line at the MDF if necessary so this issue can be escalated. Please advise.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:14 pm

ocular wrote:48hrs and no response by smbsupport to my further testing. I have set up a Fax server at a vpn endpoint to another premises (at considerable cost) to maintain my outgoing fax service. The only unknown is my testing is the copper wire from my premises to the MDF.(the ADSL and voice service are fine) I can get a tech in and connect my fax modem up to he line at the MDF if necessary so this issue can be escalated. Please advise.
Apologies for the delay in response as we are waiting for the Optus management response. We should get an update by today and we will update you via the same ticket.

ocular

Post by ocular » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:31 pm

Tested multipage fax send - transmission began and failed at page 2- transmission error. Awaiting response

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:16 pm

ocular wrote:Tested multipage fax send - transmission began and failed at page 2- transmission error. Awaiting response
Escalation have completed with all the detail troubleshooting. We are waiting on supplier feedback. We will update you accordingly.