Unable to connect correctly since system outage 1/2/17

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Brooksy

Unable to connect correctly since system outage 1/2/17

Post by Brooksy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:57 am

Following system failure on 01/02/17 our service still has not returned. Have recycled modem a dozen times, still nbg.
We get synch light but data light should be solid but flashes randomly. Modem is Netgear D6000
Further to this, unable to send emails via hotspot connection. Have you guys gone broke?

Modem setup info
PPPoE
LLC
VPI/VCI 8/35
ADSL2+
Pri DNS 220.233.0.4
Sec DNS 220.233.0.3

Brooksy

Re: Unable to connect correctly since system outage 1/2/17

Post by Brooksy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:45 am

After chatting with Support (very nice lady) and numerous hard resets and data inputs no luck.

So, what do you do...... Well, I went back to the old adage, "When all else fails, READ THE BLOODY BOOK!"

This I did and found the soft reset (to factory). 2 shots of this (soft reset) using manual and genie input, all is now good in the Universe, the World isn't ending and the Green lanterns can be stood down.

Thanks support....... Phooey on the system outage. I have no idea what was wrong or why it took so much to reset things. All this happened at or after the hiccup 1/2/17, and it cannot be explained, definitely one from the "Ether"......

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Re: Unable to connect correctly since system outage 1/2/17

Post by KavindaS » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Brooksy wrote:After chatting with Support (very nice lady) and numerous hard resets and data inputs no luck.

So, what do you do...... Well, I went back to the old adage, "When all else fails, READ THE BLOODY BOOK!"

This I did and found the soft reset (to factory). 2 shots of this (soft reset) using manual and genie input, all is now good in the Universe, the World isn't ending and the Green lanterns can be stood down.

Thanks support....... Phooey on the system outage. I have no idea what was wrong or why it took so much to reset things. All this happened at or after the hiccup 1/2/17, and it cannot be explained, definitely one from the "Ether"......
Thank you for the confirmation. I have checked the notes in your phone conversation ticket 11161653 and it appears we have also reset the port at the Dslam, which may have involve in fixing the issue. :)