Have Extel ADSL connection - suddenly PIN numer request for

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
seaeagle

Have Extel ADSL connection - suddenly PIN numer request for

Post by seaeagle » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:29 pm

For years having an Extel ADSL connection we have been using the SMS via WEB to family mainly but also others. Tonight when wanting to send an urgent SMS to family member suddenly Red messages appear in the SMS process, "something about SMS can only be sent from extel IP numbers unless using PIN".

Have never seen this request before. I am attaching a picture of an attempt to send a test message.

As I understand as an Exetel ADSL user I am using an Exetel IP . Can anyone enlighten me what is going on? Some new requirement?
Attachments
170301-Exetel-SMS-requires-PIN.png
PIN request to send SMS via WEB
170301-Exetel-SMS-requires-PIN.png (99.85 KiB) Viewed 3538 times

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Have Extel ADSL connection - suddenly PIN numer request

Post by KavindaS » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:49 am

seaeagle wrote:For years having an Extel ADSL connection we have been using the SMS via WEB to family mainly but also others. Tonight when wanting to send an urgent SMS to family member suddenly Red messages appear in the SMS process, "something about SMS can only be sent from extel IP numbers unless using PIN".

Have never seen this request before. I am attaching a picture of an attempt to send a test message.

As I understand as an Exetel ADSL user I am using an Exetel IP . Can anyone enlighten me what is going on? Some new requirement?
I will check this further with our developers tomorrow and update you accordingly.

seaeagle

Post by seaeagle » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:15 pm

Been very busy but had reason to try to use sms system tonight. Improvement, but not working. Authorisation fails, see attachment.
Don't really know what that means.
Attachments
170302-Exetel-SMS-requires-PIN-number-2.png
Failing differently?
170302-Exetel-SMS-requires-PIN-number-2.png (86.19 KiB) Viewed 3514 times

HimaJ
Exetel Staff

Post by HimaJ » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:31 pm

We will further investigate this issue with our senior engineers and will update you soon.

Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused by this.

Tox

Post by Tox » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:10 am

I'm having the same issue - "API authentication failed"

seaeagle

Post by seaeagle » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:40 pm

I am now unable to log in to myexetel so I can not check if any progress has been made.
Seems I can log in to Forum but when trying to post this message and was ask for second log in (service number used) I was initially refused but on the 3rd try to my surprised I gained access.

Trying to attach a picture of what happens, but now this also seems to have trouble, when using preview following message:

Image file type mismatch: expected extension jpg but extension png given.

The previous pictures have been png with no trouble. I will try and submit and see what happens.

Well the answer is simple. No picture uploaded.

Ok, I have renamed the format to jpg and this time I think it will be accepted.

To emphasize: My passwords are held in a password manager and has not been changed in years, this is a concern that suddenly it no longer works. I even tried to type in the information. I would like to see some action the problem???
Attachments
170311-Exetel-SMS-requires-PIN-number-3.jpg
getting worse
170311-Exetel-SMS-requires-PIN-number-3.jpg (48.55 KiB) Viewed 3467 times

mattski

Post by mattski » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:27 pm

seaeagle wrote:I am now unable to log in to myexetel so I can not check if any progress has been made.
Seems I can log in to Forum but when trying to post this message and was ask for second log in (service number used) I was initially refused but on the 3rd try to my surprised I gained access.

To emphasize: My passwords are held in a password manager and has not been changed in years, this is a concern that suddenly it no longer works. I even tried to type in the information. I would like to see some action the problem???
Hi seaegle,

FYI I can't login either... https://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=303&t=43329

Cheers,
Matt

Nathanael S
Exetel Staff

Post by Nathanael S » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:18 pm

seaeagle wrote:I am now unable to log in to myexetel so I can not check if any progress has been made.

Trying to attach a picture of what happens, but now this also seems to have trouble, when using preview following message:

Image file type mismatch: expected extension jpg but extension png given.

The previous pictures have been png with no trouble. I will try and submit and see what happens.

Well the answer is simple. No picture uploaded.

Ok, I have renamed the format to jpg and this time I think it will be accepted.

It should be working now.. We have reset the password so please check your email for the logins!

Nathanael S
Exetel Staff

Post by Nathanael S » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:26 pm

mattski wrote:

Hi seaegle,

FYI I can't login either... https://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=303&t=43329

Cheers,
Matt
Please refer: https://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=303&t=43329 for your response.

seaeagle

Post by seaeagle » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:36 am

Have just checked and now sms and login again works just fine. I have not touched or changed anything at my end. A relief. Thank you. :D

seaeagle

Post by seaeagle » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:20 pm

Well, I think my checking took place before the "reset" had filtered through. Something is not quite right.

1.. The reset information received via email, does allow me to log in to MyExetel Account (member facilities?)
2.. Today I decided to change the login details to the account area, this fails. I will see if I can get a picture and add it later.
3.. Webmail appears to work with previous login details
4.. Login to Forum works with old details in password manager
5.. However the confirming login using Service Number / Password fails. The old password does not work
6.. Using the Service Number plus the temp password received allowed me to access forum and write this.

My guess is that the problem with setting new login details is causing the problem with Forum access to post.

(to be continued/edited when tried to change password)

Not looking so good, left the forum topic open and went back to Member facilities trying to change password.
When I click on the drop down item (Change Password) nothing happens ??

seaeagle

Post by seaeagle » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:52 pm

I have got a screen snippet attached here from the login change attempt. The picture has been annotated because the the little pop up field exits when trying to copy area of the screen.

Tried to enter the new password below in the empty field, I just get two pop up fields saying the same: Fields Do Not Match.

One piece of info that may help. I have tried to maintain the same user name too but got a pop up saying "Not Available" but even when changing the user name slightly to get past that point changing password brings up: "Fields Do Not Match"

I am using PCLinuxOS (for years) have tried both with Firefox and Opera (older version).
When trying to do a preview before submitting, I seem to get the confirming login request again, if supplying data I get a new "reply field" but if I submit it works ok. ??

Then I submitted the post fine (no picture) then went back and edited post and added picture. Then I did a successful preview

I am taking a break and will do something else. :D

Question is the service number no longer allowed in the password?
Attachments
170319-Exetel-Account-changes.jpg
Trying to make account changes
170319-Exetel-Account-changes.jpg (81.73 KiB) Viewed 3317 times

HimaJ
Exetel Staff

Post by HimaJ » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Please note that we have sent you an email under the reference number - 11354126 - to your nominated email address.

Please refer the email which will explain how to change the member facility login details.

Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused by this.