eBay outage issues

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
sfeerick

eBay outage issues

Post by sfeerick » Mon May 01, 2017 1:47 pm

I see that an announcement has been made and the issue is being looked into, but just wanted to add that I also have been affected since around midday on the 28th of April, and have been unable to purchase or pay for anything on eBay. I have been following the reports here (http://aussieoutages.com/status/ebay) and it appears to be affecting people on ADSL and NBN, and some people have indicated it is more widespread than Exetel, although that is a relatively common denominator. I was also able to access the eBay cart via a VPN, but that isn't really a solution to the problem. It may have also affected signing into ebay, as when I cleared my browser cookies/cache, I had trouble signing in.

As of right now, I am still getting an error when trying to view my cart.
ebay_cart_not_working.PNG
ebay_cart_not_working.PNG (21.79 KiB) Viewed 1738 times

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: eBay outage issues

Post by KavindaS » Mon May 01, 2017 4:07 pm

sfeerick wrote:I see that an announcement has been made and the issue is being looked into, but just wanted to add that I also have been affected since around midday on the 28th of April, and have been unable to purchase or pay for anything on eBay. I have been following the reports here (http://aussieoutages.com/status/ebay) and it appears to be affecting people on ADSL and NBN, and some people have indicated it is more widespread than Exetel, although that is a relatively common denominator. I was also able to access the eBay cart via a VPN, but that isn't really a solution to the problem. It may have also affected signing into ebay, as when I cleared my browser cookies/cache, I had trouble signing in.

As of right now, I am still getting an error when trying to view my cart.
Can you check now? The issue is still being investigated and we've found a work around and applied the workaround to your service for testing. Please follow this https://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=296&t=43439 for more information.

sfeerick

Post by sfeerick » Mon May 01, 2017 5:10 pm

Thanks for the heads up KavindaS. I've just checked, and I can confirm it is now working for me. :D

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon May 01, 2017 5:53 pm

sfeerick wrote:Thanks for the heads up KavindaS. I've just checked, and I can confirm it is now working for me. :D
Great news :D . Thanks for the confirmation.

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Wed May 03, 2017 11:05 pm

We also had intermittent issues accessing the website and found it really strange, glad its being fixed and is currently being worked around.
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1520MHz RAM | MSI Gamer 1070Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem