New Service - No Connection

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
NickH

New Service - No Connection

Post by NickH » Wed May 03, 2017 9:52 pm

Hello,

I have just signed up to Exetel and my service was connected today. I've received the e-mail saying that my Exetel service is active.

I have tested with a telephone and the new telephone number given to me is working and I am able to call my telephone successfully.

However when connecting the modem that Exetel provided to me, the "Broadband" light doesn't come on. I've tried with multiple modems and multiple different ADSL filters as well and still no success.

Is there anything extra that needs to be done to activate the service?

Thanks,

Nick

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: New Service - No Connection

Post by KavindaS » Wed May 03, 2017 10:36 pm

NickH wrote:Hello,

I have just signed up to Exetel and my service was connected today. I've received the e-mail saying that my Exetel service is active.

I have tested with a telephone and the new telephone number given to me is working and I am able to call my telephone successfully.

However when connecting the modem that Exetel provided to me, the "Broadband" light doesn't come on. I've tried with multiple modems and multiple different ADSL filters as well and still no success.

Is there anything extra that needs to be done to activate the service?

Thanks,

Nick
Hi Nick,

Even it is a brand new service, we need to read the line specifications first. PM me your service / telephone number and I will check on this.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu May 04, 2017 2:10 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Hi Nick,

Even it is a brand new service, we need to read the line specifications first. PM me your service / telephone number and I will check on this.
As per to the phone conversation we had today, I have checked the provisioning stage and the supplier has confirmed the activation now. You may contact us, if the service not working after checking the dial tone and the line sync. ticket reference 11518750.

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Tue May 30, 2017 2:12 am

If you are not using an Exetel supplied modem, you will need to configure your modem to the correct settings in order for it to establish the connection. Typically this information is emailed to you by the ISP (Exetel).
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1520MHz RAM | MSI Gamer 1080Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem