Moving House - ADSL1

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
MysticPanda

Moving House - ADSL1

Post by MysticPanda » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:50 pm

Hi, I am moving house in a couple of weeks and was wondering if someone could give me an idiots guide to moving my internet over.

I am currently on the T -Bundle - 1TB (With Telephone) plan at ADS2+ speeds according to my member panel, (though I believe it is only ADSL1 as ADSL2 is not available at my exchange.) My contract has been expired since 2015. The rental property I am moving to is in the same town/exchange and there is a phone line that the previous tenant would have used and should have closed his account for, but it is not yet "active" in my name.

I know its considered a new service and I have to fill in the "same exchange" form on the Exetel website to get a new service at the house we are moving to and then the service at my current home gets turned off, but what I am unsure of is whether I need to put the phone on at the new rental property in my name (and end up with a new number for that house) through Telstra at the new rental property BEFORE I fill in the form, or if Exetel takes care of that as my phone is bundled in. I don't care about keeping the same number we don't use the landline for anything other than internet. But I'm a bit paranoid because I have heard there are no available ports at the exchange so I don't want to muck this up and end up with no internet. Can someone give me a step by step on how to do this? :?:

HimaJ
Exetel Staff

Re: Moving House - ADSL1

Post by HimaJ » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:24 pm

Exetel is currently looking into your query. You will receive a response shortly.

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Re: Moving House - ADSL1

Post by nicoler » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:00 am

MysticPanda wrote:Hi, I am moving house in a couple of weeks and was wondering if someone could give me an idiots guide to moving my internet over.

I am currently on the T -Bundle - 1TB (With Telephone) plan at ADS2+ speeds according to my member panel, (though I believe it is only ADSL1 as ADSL2 is not available at my exchange.) My contract has been expired since 2015. The rental property I am moving to is in the same town/exchange and there is a phone line that the previous tenant would have used and should have closed his account for, but it is not yet "active" in my name.

I know its considered a new service and I have to fill in the "same exchange" form on the Exetel website to get a new service at the house we are moving to and then the service at my current home gets turned off, but what I am unsure of is whether I need to put the phone on at the new rental property in my name (and end up with a new number for that house) through Telstra at the new rental property BEFORE I fill in the form, or if Exetel takes care of that as my phone is bundled in. I don't care about keeping the same number we don't use the landline for anything other than internet. But I'm a bit paranoid because I have heard there are no available ports at the exchange so I don't want to muck this up and end up with no internet. Can someone give me a step by step on how to do this? :?:
HI

Could you kindly PM your new address ( Street number, street name, suburb, state and post code ) in order to assist you better. We will need to check service availability to your new address.

Kind Regards

Nicole