New Connection - Been told is active yet lead in cable (physical connection) to house is missing

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Caleb77

New Connection - Been told is active yet lead in cable (physical connection) to house is missing

Post by Caleb77 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi,
Loyal Exetel customer for many years. Recently moved house and have organised a new Exetel connection at the new premise.

The house is a knockdown and a rebuild so previously a connection but house is a brand new house with a new box and a conduit ready for a new lead in to be installed. Been waiting several weeks now for connection, already been delayed once. Received an email today to say the service was active. Only thing is there is no lead in cable or physical link to the outside network SO NO SERVICE.

Rang support several times today, but no luck. I keep getting bounced between Activation's and Tech Support. Both saying the service is active at their end and both saying the other can help....

Getting very frustrated very quickly... Please help!

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Re: New Connection - Been told is active yet lead in cable (physical connection) to house is missing

Post by rasikak » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:03 pm

Caleb77 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:36 pm
Hi,
Loyal Exetel customer for many years. Recently moved house and have organised a new Exetel connection at the new premise.

The house is a knockdown and a rebuild so previously a connection but house is a brand new house with a new box and a conduit ready for a new lead in to be installed. Been waiting several weeks now for connection, already been delayed once. Received an email today to say the service was active. Only thing is there is no lead in cable or physical link to the outside network SO NO SERVICE.

Rang support several times today, but no luck. I keep getting bounced between Activation's and Tech Support. Both saying the service is active at their end and both saying the other can help....

Getting very frustrated very quickly... Please help!
Thank you for reaching out. Please PM your customer ID or the service number to further assist you on this regards.

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Re: New Connection - Been told is active yet lead in cable (physical connection) to house is missing

Post by rasikak » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:48 pm

Thank you for sending the requested details. We have assigned one of our senior engineers to contact you on this regards. Please expect a call from us shortly. #15529128

Caleb77

Post by Caleb77 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:01 pm

Hi,
Can someone please update me on how this is progressing? Turns out I am being charged for a service I do not have? :x

Steve

Caleb77

Post by Caleb77 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:05 pm

P.S. I am still getting bounced between tech support and activation's. No one seems able to take ownership or be bothered to phone me.

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:10 pm

Caleb77 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:05 pm
P.S. I am still getting bounced between tech support and activation's. No one seems able to take ownership or be bothered to phone me.
We have advised our activation team to get back to you asap. We are extremely sorry about the delay.