Very slow ADSL

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Newbey

Very slow ADSL

Post by Newbey » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:07 pm

I am a long-time Extetel customer with ADSL2+ service connected to the Dee Why exchange in NSW. A year ago, I typically got 8.0 Mbps download and 0.7 Mbps upload, but recently have struggled to get 2.0 Mbps download. Sometimes it has even been less than 1.0 Mbps and I have resorted to using personal hotspot on my iPhone.

I have read past posts and have removed the filter from between phone socket and modem, disconnected remote phone and all other extensions. I do not have Foxtel or security alarm. Speedtest result is 2.2 Mbps download and 0.3 Mbps upload.

Modem is NetComm NB6 with DSL Speed (DS/US) of 2552/425 Kbps.

Can anyone suggest the source of problem and solution?

Regards, Graham

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Re: Very slow ADSL

Post by KavindaS » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:51 pm

Newbey wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:07 pm
I am a long-time Extetel customer with ADSL2+ service connected to the Dee Why exchange in NSW. A year ago, I typically got 8.0 Mbps download and 0.7 Mbps upload, but recently have struggled to get 2.0 Mbps download. Sometimes it has even been less than 1.0 Mbps and I have resorted to using personal hotspot on my iPhone.

I have read past posts and have removed the filter from between phone socket and modem, disconnected remote phone and all other extensions. I do not have Foxtel or security alarm. Speedtest result is 2.2 Mbps download and 0.3 Mbps upload.

Modem is NetComm NB6 with DSL Speed (DS/US) of 2552/425 Kbps.

Can anyone suggest the source of problem and solution?

Regards, Graham
Hi Graham,

I have performed a port rebuild to your service. Please have the modem power reboot and check the service.

If the issue persist, perform random speed tests via http://speedtest.exetel.com.au/ during peak and off-peak times and send us the results to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au email.

Newbey

Post by Newbey » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:20 pm

KavindaS,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have done a modem power reboot but initial speed test shows no improvement. I will do further tests this evening and forward results tomorrow.

Regards, Graham

Newbey

Post by Newbey » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:00 am

Hi KavindaS,

There has not been any noticeable improvement since I did a power reboot of modem yesterday evening.

I have sent an email with speed test results to <residentialsupport@exetel.com.au> as requested.

Regards, Graham

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:54 pm

Newbey wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:00 am
Hi KavindaS,

There has not been any noticeable improvement since I did a power reboot of modem yesterday evening.

I have sent an email with speed test results to <residentialsupport@exetel.com.au> as requested.

Regards, Graham
Thanks Graham. Can you provide here the automated ticket reference number you have received?

Newbey

Post by Newbey » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:52 pm

Hi KavindaS,

My apologies for not having included the Reference Number #15756353 from my previous post.

Regards,

Graham

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Post by rasikak » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:27 am

Newbey wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:52 pm
Hi KavindaS,

My apologies for not having included the Reference Number #15756353 from my previous post.

Regards,

Graham
Thank you for your response. We will further check and update you via the email.