What's my IP address?

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
ercatli

What's my IP address?

Post by ercatli » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:47 am

I maintain a website, and to make sense of Google Analytics, I need to be able to discount traffic that comes from me. So that means I need to know my IP address.

Some years ago my IP address here at Exetel was 220.233.xx.yyy, but now I note it is 115.70.zz.aaa. Are you able to tell me approximately when that change took place please? Would I have been notified of the change? (I can't remember now.)

Thanks.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Re: What's my IP address?

Post by KavindaS » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:56 pm

ercatli wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:47 am
I maintain a website, and to make sense of Google Analytics, I need to be able to discount traffic that comes from me. So that means I need to know my IP address.

Some years ago my IP address here at Exetel was 220.233.xx.yyy, but now I note it is 115.70.zz.aaa. Are you able to tell me approximately when that change took place please? Would I have been notified of the change? (I can't remember now.)

Thanks.
I have searched all the tickets from the history and found the details you need. IP change from 220... range to the 115... range performed on 15th May 2015 at 02:33 pm, due to a random website access reported by you. This has been processed on your agreement. Ticket reference number is 9103225.

ercatli

Post by ercatli » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:50 am

Thanks so much for checking that out. I don't remember it now, and I don't recall reporting any "random website access" but it is good to know when it occurred. Thanks again.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:55 pm

ercatli wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:50 am
Thanks so much for checking that out. I don't remember it now, and I don't recall reporting any "random website access" but it is good to know when it occurred. Thanks again.
Unfortunately, there is no specific comment about the web sites. However, the following comments were made.

" Customer says some web pages are not loading up.
* Customer says sometimes those are loading up but takes 10 to 15 mins.
* Most of the times pages are not loading up.
* 4 computers connected to the modem through Ethernet cables and getting same issue.
* Customer agreed to change the IP address. Changed from 220.... to 115....
* Informed the customer to check with a power reboot on the modem.
* If it fails to check with Google DNS for the testing purposes.

ercatli

Post by ercatli » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:48 pm

Thanks again. I don't remember that at all, but I appreciate you giving me the understanding. I should have kept some record of it, but thanks again for checking that out for me.