ADSL2 connection very slow

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Pixietub

ADSL2 connection very slow

Post by Pixietub » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:39 pm

Hi,

Recently after the big rain in Sydney, had a recent no internet for couple of days from now. Now there is internet but it is unstable and unbearably slow. From speedtest, i'm getting 1.12Mbps which is not enough to stream or browse freely.
I dont have a phone filter nor any other additional phone line. Modem is from provider which was setup already and did not change any settings. Exchange says i'm relatively close less than 2km away, not sure why the speed turn so terrble.
Is there anything from the backend you guys can check?

Thanks

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Re: ADSL2 connection very slow

Post by KavindaS » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:39 pm

Pixietub wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:39 pm
Hi,

Recently after the big rain in Sydney, had a recent no internet for couple of days from now. Now there is internet but it is unstable and unbearably slow. From speedtest, i'm getting 1.12Mbps which is not enough to stream or browse freely.
I dont have a phone filter nor any other additional phone line. Modem is from provider which was setup already and did not change any settings. Exchange says i'm relatively close less than 2km away, not sure why the speed turn so terrble.
Is there anything from the backend you guys can check?

Thanks
Hi,
Welcome to the Exetel forum :). There are no known back-end issues has been reported. However, if the issue is persisting, perform random speed tests via http://speedtest.exetel.com.au/ and send the results through an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au for further investigations.

Pixietub

Post by Pixietub » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:22 pm

I've already logged a case with you guys since the Feb 11th, I had internet 3 days ago now im completely offline with a red light on my modem.
Rang up few times to the helpdesk, they advised me technician will come out on the 20th of before this date. Since the 11th, the internet was unusable till completely offline up until now. For more than eight days im waiting for this to be fixed and each time i follow up every two days, exetel just tell me the only technician is available on the 20th of Feb.

Now you tell me the back-end has no known issue has been reported, then WHY my service is down??!

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:08 pm

Pixietub wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:22 pm
I've already logged a case with you guys since the Feb 11th, I had internet 3 days ago now im completely offline with a red light on my modem.
Rang up few times to the helpdesk, they advised me technician will come out on the 20th of before this date. Since the 11th, the internet was unusable till completely offline up until now. For more than eight days im waiting for this to be fixed and each time i follow up every two days, exetel just tell me the only technician is available on the 20th of Feb.

Now you tell me the back-end has no known issue has been reported, then WHY my service is down??!
No back-end issue means no major supplier outages reported. Could you please update here with the service issue ticket reference number?

zzant

Post by zzant » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:02 pm

I'm also in Sydney, and my ADSL connection has also been very erratic since last week's heavy rain. It's either very slow or getting no connection at all. Is there something wrong with the network?

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:41 pm

zzant wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:02 pm
I'm also in Sydney, and my ADSL connection has also been very erratic since last week's heavy rain. It's either very slow or getting no connection at all. Is there something wrong with the network?
We need to check the service issue individually. Can you please drop an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au including your service details and confirm the received ticket number here?

carl82

Post by carl82 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:01 pm

are you guys using a naked service or carrier-pstn (like telstra landline)?
if you are the latter, save your time and raise a job with them on 13 22 00,

hope this will save you the delays as i ended up having to do that, mine was down for about two weeks end to end.

Pixietub

Post by Pixietub » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:56 am

Carl,
I did this on the day of the fault started since the 11th of Feb, the operators and the wait on the line is frustrating. There is no 'call me back' option even when dropping an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au. I only receive sms updates saying technician will come on the day it specified. That day passed, no updates on exetel end (not blaming them since the provider did not leave note) so another technician rearrangement for scheduled date leaving this more than 2 weeks without service.

Even when Exetel helps to check my line and stats from my router end, theres nothing they can do anyway (learnt this from experience of numerous calls and long waits, just pause with 2mins and said yep lines out we will get back to you)

I'd say Exetel did their best from their end pushing the provider, but Optus was slowing them down which is a pity.

My last resort was no other option but to leave this service unfortunately.