Technical support fixed connection issue

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Higgs

Technical support fixed connection issue

Post by Higgs » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:54 am

Hi
I have moved from one unit to another, and I’ve been told to take ZTE router, connect it in the new property, and I also restored router factory defaults. All 4 green lights appeared- power, broadband, internet and WAN, but when I connect to the wifi or direct with Ethernet to the computer it shows connected but no internet access. I rang technical support yesterday, and they reset the connection, but internet was only for one hour, after 1hr there is no internet again, even with 4 green lights on the ZTE..
I wouldn’t call tech support again- 1hr waiting in the queue, and very noisy background, I barely can hear and understand what someone is talking to me..
Can you help me please?
Customer ID 458816, Service ID 0861512430
Thank you

bodogbodog

Re: Technical support fixed connection issue

Post by bodogbodog » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:50 am

Higgs wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:54 am
I wouldn’t call tech support again- 1hr waiting in the queue, and very noisy background, I barely can hear and understand what someone is talking to me..
I’ve had a number of calls with Exetel support agents over the last two months (probably at least 30 so I am speaking from experience) that mirror that experience - the last one on Friday sounded like they were in an echo chamber. That together with the speed the agent spoke at meant I simply could not understand them

I asked them several times to slow down and speak clearly - when they did this I could understand what they were saying

I don’t care where the Support desk is based but being able to hear and understand them is a basic requirement

KasunW
Exetel Staff

Re: Technical support fixed connection issue

Post by KasunW » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:48 pm

Higgs wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:54 am
Hi
I have moved from one unit to another, and I’ve been told to take ZTE router, connect it in the new property, and I also restored router factory defaults. All 4 green lights appeared- power, broadband, internet and WAN, but when I connect to the wifi or direct with Ethernet to the computer it shows connected but no internet access. I rang technical support yesterday, and they reset the connection, but internet was only for one hour, after 1hr there is no internet again, even with 4 green lights on the ZTE..
Can you help me please?
Customer ID 458816, Service ID 0861512430
Thank you
Thanks for reaching out to Exetel and Exetel sincerely apologized for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter. As discussed over the phone today we assume the issue has been resolved and the issue does not persist. Kindly monitor the connection and notify us if you come across any dificulties.